ADVERTISEMENT

Hate being on BTN Overflow Channel

wildcatcoaster

Oct 27, 2003
Doesn't show up in Spectrum listings, theoretically through the BTN app (now owned by Fox sports) but uncertainty whether will be there. Definitely a challenge to watch these BTN+/Fox overflow games.

Doesn't show up in Spectrum listings, theoretically through the BTN app (now owned by Fox sports) but uncertainty whether will be there. Definitely a challenge to watch these BTN+/Fox overflow games.
Never have understood why my Spectrum lists 3 versions of BTN but they always show the same games / programs.

Reactions: WestCoastWildcat
No problem for me, ever, here in NW Pa. Spectrum offers 2 HD channels, 41 and 334. NU is I always on one or the other. There are 2 other BTN Channels on Spectrum, but neither is in HD.

I guess what I don't understand is why Comcast, and others, don't offer the overflow channel. Is there some technical reason? Would B1G charge that much for overflow?

To add....have watched a ton of the BIG10 channel...yesterday and today and saw zero discussion about the Cats....I stream YouTube off of Fire stick and zero problems with the BIG10 listings

Comcast DC area blocks all but one game. Says it is on the Fox app which means it might be on your phone, Roku or some other streaming app. However, if you use Xfinity internet/wifi, Comcast blocks a lot of these games - can't figure it out. One thought I have is to turn off Wi-Fi on my phone and use ATT, my basic service with unlimited streaming. If you have the hardware you can take your phone stream and put it on your TV. Way too difficult.

To add....have watched a ton of the BIG10 channel...yesterday and today and saw zero discussion about the Cats....I stream YouTube off of Fire stick and zero problems with the BIG10 listings

YouTube carries all the BTN games? Need to get rid of Comcast.

Reactions: nickcat4
Yeah we only get one Spectrum here in Florida. Not sure why this should be so complicated. Spectrum has like 1200 channels here. Surely you can spare 2 more for BTN overflow games.

I have a vacation home with Spectrum. My home is Comcast. When I sign into Spectrum from my internet here at home, Comcast blocks the BTN games.

I would sign up for a service carrying all the Big Ten games but as far as I can tell none is available. The only access is limited BTN, whatever the Fox app covers less whatever Comcast blocks.

YouTube carries all the BTN games? Need to get rid of Comcast.
It's YouTubeTV, and yes it carries all of the BTN games. As far as I can tell, it doesn't differentiate between the "main" channel and the overflow ones.

Can't you get the game on the Fox Sports app and then either stream it to your TV or connect it from a laptop with a USB cable?

Fox Sports app on laptop comes through house Comcast internet which limits BTN coverage. Getting Fox through phone on ATT vs wifi off of house Comcast is showing the NU listing. So maybe it will come up on phone. My phone doesn't appear to support the streaming stick I have for the TV. The device uses "Miracast" interconnectivity. It may work but so far no good for this tech challenged viewer.

Lord. This is too difficult. Comcast sucks. They are blanking out our new West Coast school games as well

Fox Sports app on laptop comes through house Comcast internet which limits BTN coverage. Getting Fox through phone on ATT vs wifi off of house Comcast is showing the NU listing. So maybe it will come up on phone. My phone doesn't appear to support the streaming stick I have for the TV. The device uses "Miracast" interconnectivity. It may work but so far no good for this tech challenged viewer.

Lord. This is too difficult. Comcast sucks. They are blanking out our new West Coast school games as well
I've been happy with YouTubeTV. The only knock is that it doesn't get the regional sports channel that shows Astros and Rockets games. However, I'm not willing to pay an additional $50 per month for cable in order to get that channel.

Streaming is the future (as well as the present). We stayed at an Airbnb last month that had a bunch of smart TVs but no cable service. I logged into my YouTubeTV account, and we were able to watch the Olympics just like at home. Just need to remember to log out of the app on the TV before leaving!

I think I brought up this issue earlier about cable and all of the different ways of streaming now with different apps. I know I’m probably paying too much with a Spectrum bundle of WiFi/cell/cable plus I have Apple+ and stream as well on other apps. As I age it’s getting to be a challenge to find and remember where the shows I want to watch. One nice thing about cable is you can search within a single menu. The content is so spread out now among the various streaming apps I end up struggling to remember where to find certain shows. The local PBS radio station is a good source for upcoming shows on tv and events in the community on their weekly reviews. They NYT is also a good place to get ideas for new shows to watch, the amount of content available these days is a bit overwhelming.

I have found getting YOUTUBE TV through Amazpn Firestick....easy to navigate including the Apps I choose..and tech is a high hurdle for me.

All that and Comcast DC showed the NU game on a channel they don't "advertise". Before the game it was listed as showing Nebraska but showed NU instead.

BosCat saved the day for me. Like others my Spectrum account only offered the primary BigTen Channel. However, by going to FoxSports.com I was able to locate our game and it played without any further input initially. Then at some point I received notification that if I wanted to continue to watch I had to do so through a provider. Spectrum was on the list and that worked. (I watched on my large screen desktop.)

BosCat saved the day for me. Like others my Spectrum account only offered the primary BigTen Channel. However, by going to FoxSports.com I was able to locate our game and it played without any further input initially. Then at some point I received notification that if I wanted to continue to watch I had to do so through a provider. Spectrum was on the list and that worked. (I watched on my large screen desktop.)

It's wild. My Fox Sports app listed the game but wouldn't pull up the feed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT