ADVERTISEMENT

Inevitable

If true (and it's a BIG "if" because CC is pretty smart and knows following in K's footsteps won't be a walk on the park), he's already brought the program where we desperately wanted it to go. He's already an NU legend. I'd still consider building a statue of him even if he left after this season...

If true (and it's a BIG "if" because CC is pretty smart and knows following in K's footsteps won't be a walk on the park), he's already brought the program where we desperately wanted it to go. He's already an NU legend. I'd still consider building a statue of him even if he left after this season...
Are you being sarcastic?
Let us at least WAIT for selection Sunday.
Better yet, let us wait for NU's last game this season.

And so it begins......the inevitable speculation about Collins and Duke. I still think Mike Brey is a better candidate, he could well win the ACC this season and had more of a track record.
To start replacement speculation on the premise that:
"there will come a day when Mike Krzyzewski is no longer the head coach at Duke."
Amazing!!
Someone just needs to fill a column, and can't think of anything, I guess.

I still think Mike Brey is a better candidate, he could well win the ACC this season and had more of a track record.

Brey has more of a track record because he's 57. He'll probably be in his 60s before K retires. That would make him an unlikely hire.

Are you being sarcastic?
Let us at least WAIT for selection Sunday.
Better yet, let us wait for NU's last game this season.

Yes!

And let's wait for proof that the earth is not flat, and that Cindy Crawford is and remains hot, that Milli Vanilli was faking it and that the sun will rise tomorrow ... before we get so hasty and ahead of ourselves as to actually believe that we don't suck anymore. WTH?

I have been completely wrong before, see the response on the Rant Board and ask my lovely wife, but I do not see CC leaving for Duke after Coach K, but he could be the second coach.

I think CC will begin owning Illinois. Corbi or others would probably know better, but I think a statement, "I got Northwestern to the NCAA. I can get you to the NBA and camps like Seth Curry's camp Why go across the country when you can come up the Edens." He is getting a palace. I would expect NU will give him leeway on recruits to keep him. He can win B10 and NCAA championship here and still live in a world class city. Pretty good life.

I just wonder on how he would like the anonymity. Folks will recognize him, but will leave him alone. He will get the adulation without the pressure, make a fortune, can build a program, and can make NU the go to program in all sports in Chicago It is my supposition that he is here for a while.

I also think the coaching he has done is much better than by FItz. You need 3 studs to get there. From the B10 games I have attended, missed Rutgers, I do not see us better athletically than other teams, but we have been so good at rebounding position, defense and pace of play. I thought BC was brilliant, but this staff in my opinion has won at least 3 more games than would be expected:

He can win B10 and NCAA championship here and still live in a world class city.

Winnetka?

New NU basketball coach Chris Collins buys $2.5M house in Winnetka
September 09, 2013|By Bob Goldsborough | Special to the Tribune

New Northwestern University head basketball coach Chris Collins has put down some roots here, paying $2.55 million for a newly built, seven-bedroom house in Winnetka.

A Northbrook native who is the son of former Chicago Bulls head coach Doug Collins, Chris Collins, 39, starred at Duke University and later was an assistant at Seton Hall and Duke before joining Northwestern in March.

Winnetka?

New NU basketball coach Chris Collins buys $2.5M house in Winnetka
September 09, 2013|By Bob Goldsborough | Special to the Tribune

New Northwestern University head basketball coach Chris Collins has put down some roots here, paying $2.55 million for a newly built, seven-bedroom house in Winnetka.

A Northbrook native who is the son of former Chicago Bulls head coach Doug Collins, Chris Collins, 39, starred at Duke University and later was an assistant at Seton Hall and Duke before joining Northwestern in March.

I guess he won't be around Chicago at all :rolleyes:

Well one reason it's irrelevant is that K isn't leaving Duke all that soon. So who knows what the situation will be like at Northwestern, or anywhere else, when he does.

Stupid column-filling crap.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT