ADVERTISEMENT

Inside the team meeting for Pat Fitzgerald's dismissal

My respect for our coaches has deepened, and my disdain for Gragg grows deeper.

I hope the fans who are saying they’re “done with NU football” consider the players and these kind of takes:

"Coach [Bajakian] and Coach Braun were emotional as well, but they told us how important it is for us to stick together and stare down the adversity as a family," the first player said. "When going through something like this, those words were exactly what we needed to hear at that moment."

The second player agreed, saying that Bajakian and Braun's message "connected".

Reactions: sprinkler2
Thanks very much, again, Lou. You’ve clearly built trust with these players over time. I applaud you for that.

I’d love to eventually understand who actually was interviewed in the investigation. 50 interviews sounds like a lot, but with past players in there , coaches, support staff, it might be maybe a quarter of the current roster.

Reactions: Sheffielder
I am an ignorant fool when it comes to legal issues, but can envision answering questions not being advisable because of liability issues.

If that's the case, don't get on the call. Or explain why you can't answer questions. This way this dude just showed up to literally read what the players already knew.

We don't really have a lot of info on Gragg, mostly because he's a really quiet man. But the truth is that he comes across as an incompetent fool with little leadership skills.

Thanks very much, again, Lou. You’ve clearly built trust with these players over time. I applaud you for that.

I’d love to eventually understand who actually was interviewed in the investigation. 50 interviews sounds like a lot, but with past players in there , coaches, support staff, it might be maybe a quarter of the current roster.
@mshelton33 deserves credit for this one. He talked to the players and wrote the story.

Great job, Matt!

I am an ignorant fool when it comes to legal issues, but can envision answering questions not being advisable because of liability issues.

If that's the case, don't get on the call. Or explain why you can't answer questions. This way this dude just showed up to literally read what the players already knew.

We don't really have a lot of info on Gragg, mostly because he's a really quiet man. But the truth is that he comes across as an incompetent fool with little leadership skills.
The problem with Gragg seems to be that we're getting a lot more info about him through his handling of the baseball mess and that makes it look far worse than anything we've seen so far with respect to his poor handling of this football situation.

Even if they legally can’t answer a lot of questions the administration needed to take time to listen to the kids and even if they have to answer “unable to comment.” Not just show up online and then log off after your statement without interacting with the kids at all. What a joke and a disservice to the kids.

Gragg and probably Schill need to go, maybe we have interim coaching this season until we get a new AD in place who can make a good coaching hire.

Reactions: samuirocks
Gragg and probably Schill need to go, maybe we have interim coaching this season until we get a new AD in place who can make a good coaching hire.
That’s what needs to happen but will it? Those hires being bad call into question the entire board. Will they admit how much they’ve f’d this up? The entirety of NU leadership is rotten to the core.

That’s what needs to happen but will it? Those hires being bad call into question the entire board. Will they admit how much they’ve f’d this up? The entirety of NU leadership is rotten to the core.
I foresee Gragg being the sacrificial lamb here, not Schill. His dismissal would reflect more negatively on the board than Gragg's.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT