ADVERTISEMENT

Insider’s Thread: Florida 2023 three-star TE Camp Magee locked in with Wildcats

Ryan Wright

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2021
ORLANDO – Northwestern has put together one of the best recruiting classes in school history ranked No. 21 on the Rivals team rankings. If there is a team and head coach that knows their scheme with an eye for talent evaluation it is the Wildcats led by Pat Fitzgerald. One of those key players in the 2023 class that will help bring Big Ten on the field success in the future is Florida tight end Camp Magee.

Magee updated his relationship status with Northwestern after his Edgewater High School squad downed New Jersey’s visiting Don Bosco Prep 34-10 on Friday.

“That was a big part of my commitment to Northwestern was the relationships with all of their coaches; it is really important,” Magee said. “They text and call me almost every day. I think it is important, especially with your position coach to get super close to have that bond for once you get up there.”

As for other schools trying to flip the Northwestern commit, its not going to happen.

“I’m 100 percent locked in,” Magee stated.

Once Magee reports to the Wildcats, he’s ready for whatever his freshman season may bring.

“I’ll do whatever the team needs me to do,” Magee said. “If they need me to come off the bench my freshman year, I’ll do it. If they need me to start, I’ll do it. I just want to get there ready to work and prove myself.”

The three-star from Orlando has plans to return to Evanston for a game-day this fall.

“Hopefully after one of our games I will fly up there for a game,” Magee stated. “I want to go to the Ohio State game (Nov. 5); that’s the plan.”

Player profile:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News