ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Interview with new transfer commit Taishan Holmes

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
I have new Northwestern transfer commit Taishan Holmes on DM right now. I'll post his answers here:

On his recruitment: "The recruitment started as soon as I entered the transfer portal, I received the offer December 31st and committed last night, the 9th." He hasn't been on campus yet but will take his official visit this weekend.

Why NU: "First and foremost, the academics played a huge role in my commitment. The consistency in the coaching staff was also a big draw to me. The program also has a rich history of success that I am honored to have the chance at continuing with my brothers. The ultimate goal is the NFL, and I believe Northwestern gives me a great opportunity to fulfill that dream."

Other schools in the mix: "I had great conversations with a number of schools and received offers from Norfolk State, Marshall, Grambling State among others."

On whether he'll play DT (4-3) or NG (3-4) -- this is one I was really interested in because he's played a lot of nose: "I’m being recruited for both, I’ve spent time playing all techniques 0-4i, whichever the job calls for that week I will prepare to be the best at."

On the NU opportunity: "I’m most definitely Blessed! Just keep my head down keep working keep grinding and let my love for the game and god’s good grace guide me down this road!"

On his strengths as a player: "Coach loves the effort and grit I play with. Fast inside hands, as well as the love, passion and respect I have for the game are some of my strengths. I will bring to Northwestern that underdog mentality that’s stitched into my DNA, as well as a dog in the middle of that defense to wreak havoc in the backfield and hold point against double teams."

I'll add to this thread as I get more answers from Taishan....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News