ADVERTISEMENT

Io_a 63 - ILLLLLLLINOIS 0 FINAL

Io_a does NOT earn their W (our W) by beating Illinois, no matter how bad.

No, but they did help Michael Jansey win an Underarmour AA game spot.

So, they are Iowa to me.

_isconsin, on the other hand deserves no such good will.

Some of us oldsters recall us losing to Iowa 63-0 back in the early 80s. I recall us being a bit tipsy from the parking lot and finding ourselves behind the Iowa band, and swiping the corn cobs off the hats of some band members. Almost as much fun as the marshmallow wars.

Wow, how much better is it to have a competitive team? Hopefully those days never return.

Reactions: DaCat
Some of us oldsters recall us losing to Iowa 63-0 back in the early 80s. I recall us being a bit tipsy from the parking lot and finding ourselves behind the Iowa band, and swiping the corn cobs off the hats of some band members. Almost as much fun as the marshmallow wars.

Wow, how much better is it to have a competitive team? Hopefully those days never return.

Hope they didn't hurt any of Lovie's boys.

I remember that game vs Io_a. It was 64-0 in 1981. The previous year we lost to dOSU 63-0 also at Dyche Stadium. We've come a long way.

I remember Illini hordes invading our stadium in 1989 and running up a 63-14 win to end our 0-11 season and then hearing an Illini announcer en route home saying to fans who wanted to score again "Northwestern could get good some day, you know." I loved Iowa pouring it on yesterday. I root for every other BIG team vs. nonconference foes except the Illini.

Reactions: JournCat
You have to wonder if Smith will resign at the end of the season. The man has to have some pride. Unless he has made some horrific investments he has to be financially set.

We'll no doubt be favored by 3.

How much longer will Illinois put up with this regime?

You have to wonder if Smith will resign at the end of the season. The man has to have some pride. Unless he has made some horrific investments he has to be financially set.

I’d be shocked if he resigned. This is the last paycheck for himself and the family employment service he is running down at Illinois. He’ll take a buyout but he won’t resign.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT