ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Board is MELTING DOWN

the general consensus is “how could they lose to lowly Northwestern”. I hope that attitude continues, and continues, and continues...
Naw, I've seen Iowa fans on twitter calling the line stupid and saying we're much better than that given our wins and close losses to Michigan while giving a good fight to ND.

I think they're pissed at how their season melted down the past 3 weeks.

3 disastrous close losses will drive any fan base off the edge, especially when they started 6-1.

[See this board after last year's 2-3 start or this year's 1-3 start. We have our share of fans that try to fire all the coaches].

The Nebraska fan trolls them and they try to rip him a new one because he "wears a corn cob on his head!" Bwahaha! Io_a fans!

the general consensus is “how could they lose to lowly Northwestern”. I hope that attitude continues, and continues, and continues...

It’s really not. Iowa has lost 4 games they had every chance to win. It's frustrating as hell. I felt Iowa was better than Wisconsin and Penn Stand evenly matched with Purdue and Northwestern and had every chance to win all 4.

I'm not mad at NU, they're a good team playing well, I'm just annoyed that Iowa keeps finding ways to lose close games.

NU absolutely earned their B1G West title. Congrats! I hope you guys get revenge in the B1G title game (wife is NU alum, FIL is UM)

It’s really not. Iowa has lost 4 games they had every chance to win. It's frustrating as hell. I felt Iowa was better than Wisconsin and Penn Stand evenly matched with Purdue and Northwestern and had every chance to win all 4.

I'm not mad at NU, they're a good team playing well, I'm just annoyed that Iowa keeps finding ways to lose close games.

NU absolutely earned their B1G West title. Congrats! I hope you guys get revenge in the B1G title game (wife is NU alum, FIL is UM)

Good luck the rest of the way. Good hard fought game today

Reactions: Bwm57 and kreggk

You guys have a good team and should be upset after all the close losses.

I thought your team had the Penn State and Purdue games in hand... until the various mistakes that doomed your team.

Good luck to you guys until we see you next year.

Thanks. This has been a strange year with a lot of injuries but our team is gritty and are winners who find ways to win. Outside of the Akron debacle we have played everyone close especially the teams who on paper who clearly have an edge in talent. Our freshman running back has been the mvp. This guy is scary good

Reactions: rmndcat and zeek55
Thanks. Illinois and Nebraska left. If Iowa doesn't go 8-4, it's gonna get ugly.
Nebby is playing well, but if you lose to Lovie's clownshoes, someone should be fired on the spot. They have no defense, and they somehow managed to muff TWO consecutive punts today and knock a ref out of the game on a TD celebration-- and that was just in the first half!

Nebby is playing well, but if you lose to Lovie's clownshoes, someone should be fired on the spot. They have no defense, and they somehow managed to muff TWO consecutive punts today and knock a ref out of the game on a TD celebration-- and that was just in the first half!

If Iowa is actually a good football team, they'll win both.

Sometimes being the only Northwestern fan in Iowa pays off. Tonight is one of those rare nights.

Wore an NU sweatshirt out tonight after watching the game with all Hawkeyes. 100% good sports from all Iowa fans I encountered.

Lol...you're good one night per year lately.

Reactions: Jonny2TheP
Io_a couldn't seem to take advantage of it as Ruiz and even Campbell had some nice pass breakups. Interesting play by Ruiz especially today. And Whitlock was a beast.
Whillock or did you mean Jason Whitlock, the sportswriter?

I'd be worried about Nebraska. They can't stop anyone, but they sure can score. I think the B1G West is on the verge of big improvement. Glad the Cats were able to pick it off this year.
The best news is..., we're going to improve a lot too, especially on offense.

Hunter Johnson will take the reins, and Bowser will have an extra offseason of bulking up.

Kirtz and GHP coming in to bolster our WRs (I don't think either will redshirt if they're as talented as expected; their speed isn't teachable).

Could really be the first time our program has fully reloaded after a big run of success. We've never had a run of success that ran longer than 2 or 3 years without taking a step back after a year or two.

But now we're in the tail end of CT's 4 year era with a chance to add on a 2-3 year Hunter Johnson era. Really a special time for our program.

This was a great November B1G football game and toward the end I felt like I would still appreciate the game even if we lost because it was a classic defensive battle. Very even game with 2 INTs on our side, 2 fumbles on theirs, one big TD pass on both sides, one missed FG on both sides...Bowser’s running seemed to be the min difference.

Reactions: loyolacat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT