ADVERTISEMENT

Is ESPN U on watch ESPN?

Grafcat

May 27, 2006
Wish I could be there for WMU but son's soccer tournament makes it tricky. I see we are on (awful) ESPNU (would prefer even BTN). Does anyone know if the watchESPN app carries the U games?

Wish I could be there for WMU but son's soccer tournament makes it tricky. I see we are on (awful) ESPNU (would prefer even BTN). Does anyone know if the watchESPN app carries the U games?

I watched ESPNU on my phone using the WatchESPN app quite successfully.last year. I assume nothing has changed but haven't checked recently.

I may be incorrect, but I believe the only requirement is the ESPN channel must be part of your subscription credentials that you use during log in. I assume you receive the ESPNU channel at home through your provider so you will be fine to watch via the app/online.

Enjoy watching your son's tournament games.

Reactions: ricko654321
Runners is correct. Stupid xfinity often has it as an extra not included channel.

All this talk of ESPNU made me check on my phone to make sure it's still included in my package and I didvovered they are replaying 2015 Mich vs. Mich State.
That was a very enjoyable game.

Runners is correct. Stupid xfinity often has it as an extra not included channel.
Stupid Xfinity is right. It's not in my cable package -- and to get it you have to buy a huge upcharge package with all sorts of useless channels.... I can't justify paying for it for one game.

Stupid Xfinity is right. It's not in my cable package -- and to get it you have to buy a huge upcharge package with all sorts of useless channels.... I can't justify paying for it for one game.

I have one other thought, but I have not tried it in more than 10 years, before I got DirecTV and before the big 10 network existed. Prior to that I did it several times. Is the game available through ESPN Gameplan on a per game basis? Back in the day it cost me about $19 to see an individual game, but I know that everything is different now .

Graf, I would highly recommend a trip to the nearest Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the game. Get there early, and they will set you up in front of your own t.v. The only cost to you will be for the food and drink you purchase. Check with them in advance to confirm that they are able to get the game, but in my experience there has never been a problem.

Graf, I would highly recommend a trip to the nearest Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the game. Get there early, and they will set you up in front of your own t.v. The only cost to you will be for the food and drink you purchase. Check with them in advance to confirm that they are able to get the game, but in my experience there has never been a problem.
Ah would love to... but if I weren't at my son's soccer tournament I'd be at Ryan Field.... trying to figure out a way to watch it on my phone while watching soccer -- without paying Comcast hundreds of dollars for a yearly upgrade!

Ah would love to... but if I weren't at my son's soccer tournament I'd be at Ryan Field.... trying to figure out a way to watch it on my phone while watching soccer -- without paying Comcast hundreds of dollars for a yearly upgrade!

Might you have a friend or relative "at the tournament" with you whose log-in credentials you could use to log into ESPN Watch with and see the game because their provider includes ESPNU?

Reactions: beetlemania74
SlingTV and Playstation VUE each offers a 7 day free trial that includes ESPN. I am not sure if the additional sports coverage channels i.e. ESPNU are included in the free trial package. You can always call them to ask specifically. Although, I would do a trial run to verify it beforehand when such serious matters as college football viewing access is at stake.

FTR- playstation vue is the better option overall if you wanted to actually test the experience as a potential, one day, full replacement of comcast et cetera.

I have one other thought, but I have not tried it in more than 10 years, before I got DirecTV and before the big 10 network existed. Prior to that I did it several times. Is the game available through ESPN Gameplan on a per game basis? Back in the day it cost me about $19 to see an individual game, but I know that everything is different now .

ESPN GamePlan is now known as ESPN College Extra. This game will not be available on that service, as College Extra only shows out-of-market regional broadcasts. It was a very useful service back in the ESPN+ days, but now it only carries a few ACC and a few more smaller conference games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT