ADVERTISEMENT

Is it fair to totally blame McCall?

cat inkansas

Gold Member
Sep 17, 2008
Sure lets blame him partially------but, the offensive line has regressed (how does this happen?); the quarterback misses lots of throws; and, receivers continue to drop balls. I don't think these position coaches report to the OC.

Sure lets blame him partially------but, the offensive line has regressed (how does this happen?); the quarterback misses lots of throws; and, receivers continue to drop balls. I don't think these position coaches report to the OC.

No I really don't blame McCall. This is all on Cush. Read the other threads because people who have heard the rumors sneak some telling tidbits into their posts.

Totally? No. Because everyone who is involved on the offensive side of the ball deserves a lot of blame. TWO 3-and-outs after taking the lead against an FCS team is pathetic. Actually, the whole game was pathetic.

Reactions: honestrules
No shortage of blame to go around

I really didn't think the play calling was bad. The execution was fecal because the OL can't protect on passes, can't get a push on runs, can't even execute a routine block on a screen. Quarterback panics because WR can't get open and protection is breaking down. WR still dropping balls but we know WR aren't very good anyway. We also know QB is soph and was never asked to do anything last year.

So again it comes back to OL that returned pretty much everybody. Yeah we are missing an injured Ian Park, but all of those guys played major minutes (I guess excepting Doles?) and still don't know how to block MAC and FCS DL.

It all comes down to LOS

Reactions: seavue617
McC wasn't the biggest problem today, but he still has a terrible track record of making adjustments, including using the correct personnel.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT