ADVERTISEMENT

It sure pays to be an OSU QB

How many autographs does he have to sign for the autograph vendor to break even?

He could have waited 4 months, played his senior year in high school, and signed the same deal in January when he enrolled at OSU.

3% interest on 1.4 million for six months is $21,000, and I'm guessing the talent pool for eligible females is slightly(?) better for an OSU quarterback than it would have been for the young man in any high school anywhere

3% interest on 1.4 million for six months is $21,000, and I'm guessing the talent pool for eligible females is slightly(?) better for an OSU quarterback than it would have been for the young man in any high school anywhere
No

That 1.4 mil has not had its taxes paid yet. I assume it will be in the higher tax bracket unless it is paid out over a number of years. And is there an escape clause for the "bank" should he not be the person they assume him to be? Lots of unanswered questions. Would watch this closely.

That 1.4 mil has not had its taxes paid yet. I assume it will be in the higher tax bracket unless it is paid out over a number of years. And is there an escape clause for the "bank" should he not be the person they assume him to be? Lots of unanswered questions. Would watch this closely.
The article says it pays out over 3 years. So only a small portion of it will be in the top tax bracket.

So how does that kinda cash not effect recruiting.....and favor schools with big brands and large fan bases?

• Wow
Reactions: CatManTrue
So how does that kinda cash not effect recruiting.....and favor schools with big brands and large fan bases?
The effect will be negligible for the biggest brands: the Bamas, OSUs, Clemson's, aTm's of the world. The already get the highest rated players. NIL is a bonus for their players but they would have gotten them regardless. What will be interesting is how it plays out for the Iowa States, NUs and Cincy's of the world. Will they up their game or get left behind by their target recruits? Time will tell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT