ADVERTISEMENT

Jackson State

NJcatsfan

Nov 21, 2004
Given the Chi State debacle, we can take nothing for granted. This JS team was very competitive with Georgetown and beat Mizzou. NU can beat basically anyone when playing well, but an off night can be disastrous.

If anyone has one they’re not using I’d take it. Both kids want to go tonight so we’re one ticket short.

Pretty sure there will be plenty of seats available.
100%. I’m sure I can snag a cheap or free ticket at the front. We have 4 seats but my kids usually rotate. Of course they’re both free and wanted to come tonight.

Hopefully this game will be a good tuneup before we slaughter Illannoys.

This is the one home game I can make this year. Just got into town and I’m looking forward to this one.
After Cappy showed up at Welsh-Ryan for his only game of the season and we immediately lost to Chicago State, I'm a little worried about this... if Coach Collins starts to play weird lineups, can you step in for him?

• Haha
Reactions: DaCat and IGNORE2
I will happily take that win. Boo and Brooks weren’t great & still won comfortably.
And Jackson State made some ridiculous 3s. Especially #2. He’s shooting 46% from 3 for the year and was 5 for 7 tonight. Obviously a very good shooter but he was on fire tonight. Even banked one in.

They shoot 31% as a team for the season but tonight were 9-19. And many of those were contested. If they shoot their normal average the Cats win by 20 instead of 11.

I was at the game. Heard Buie yell for a sub after Preston missed a beautiful lob pass from him. Attendance was better than I anticipated. Thought Berry played very well on both ends of the court.
Preston’s minutes need to go down. He’s not very good. Just a depth guy.

Big10 season starting up so MN should know who he is covering and how. Should help him to relax. Hunger does a good job jn the spurts he plays, he does foul, but the team seems to win the 4 minute stretch when he is out there. Coaches need to realize the p,us out weighs the few minus.

Collins will keep rotating centers based on matchups and the hot hand. Let’s hope one of them grabs the job and won’t let go, but so far no one is standing out.
I would have liked to see more Hunger as Preston was making quite a few mistakes but Hunger got in the doghouse early. He was out of position offensively and missed a box out. Collins was not happy and he got yanked. Hopefully this becomes a learning moment and Hunger won’t make that mistake against B1G teams when we could need him. This was the last game for teachable moments. It’s time for conference play.

I took a friend and his college-age son (U of I) to the game. The son played AAU ball with the 5'8" JState guard, Chase Adams. Adams impressed for a guy his size. Hard to believe that my son, age 13, is taller than Adams.
Was there any significance to all the Adams t-shirts in the building yesterday?

Reactions: Hungry Jack
I took a friend and his college-age son (U of I) to the game. The son played AAU ball with the 5'8" JState guard, Chase Adams. Adams impressed for a guy his size. Hard to believe that my son, age 13, is taller than Adams.
Not sure Little HJ is the correct nickname anymore.

And Jackson State made some ridiculous 3s. Especially #2. He’s shooting 46% from 3 for the year and was 5 for 7 tonight. Obviously a very good shooter but he was on fire tonight. Even banked one in.

They shoot 31% as a team for the season but tonight were 9-19. And many of those were contested. If they shoot their normal average the Cats win by 20 instead of 11.
A lot of teams seem to shoot well from three against us

Reactions: ballerog711
A lot of teams seem to shoot well from three against us
Opponents 3 point percentage against NU is 33. About 200 teams in D1 basketball shoot better than that.

JSU shot 47%. Many of those were contested. One was banked in.

Reactions: macarthur31
Too many players on sub par teams have had career games against NU in the non conference schedule Kind of concerning going into the conference season. Have to clean that up.

Hopefully knowledge of the Big10 teams and tendencies, help out NU Defense. MN returning to form on the defensive end would be a huge boost

Too many players on sub par teams have had career games against NU in the non conference schedule Kind of concerning going into the conference season. Have to clean that up.

Hopefully knowledge of the Big10 teams and tendencies, help out NU Defense. MN returning to form on the defensive end would be a huge boost
We play our man defense as if we would play it in the BIG. To me, it makes no sense to change our game plan (defensive or offensive) against these teams - we will learn from these games, making us better. Once in a while (or maybe more frequently, since other teams’ best players are typically more athletic than us), we will get burned by a good offensive player (there are lots of them in D1). I agree we will be better against teams we know better, but so will they.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT