ADVERTISEMENT

Boo appreciation thread

NJcatsfan

Nov 21, 2004
Most importantly, that was a necessary win. Scary at first, but then NU just outclassed Michigan. One win away from 20, a winning B1G regular season record, and (imo) a likely NCAA bid for the second consecutive year, for the first time ever. I’d love that next win to come asap. Also thrilled that the guys are getting nearly a full week of needed rest, too. After Ty went down, they finished off Nebraska, beat PSU, were robbed at Rutgers, beat IU on the road, then stomped on Michigan. What a response to adversity. Keep it going!

But tonight was about #0, who is the greatest player of all time in NU basketball, and arguably the most impactful player in program history. What this team has done these past two years — the unprecedented success — simply doesn’t happen without him. He deserved every ovation he got tonight. I hope he can also get taken out early to a rousing “back in the tourney” standing O on senior night next month.

THANK YOU, BOO.

Go ‘Cats

He is getting a lot of recognition from the studio hosts and other on-air talent, but will the accolades come? All-Big-Ten looks very likely, but are the Cousy Award and first-team All-America in play? I think they are, especially if he finishes strong.

Take a few days off Boo...you deserve it. Then come back and beat Maryland and the rest.

Last edited:
He is getting a lot of recognition from the studio hosts and other on-air talent, but will the accolades comes? All-Big-Ten looks very likely, but are the Cousy Award and first-team All-America in play? I think they are, especially if he finishes strong.

Take a few days off Boo...you deserve it. Then come back and beat Maryland and the rest.
But how will he ever beat out Braden Smith!?!

• Wow
Reactions: GatoLouco
Where do you start? Inside ... outside ... ball handling ... leadership. He's even raised that lousy defense to an acceptable level.

But, man, his play in the final minutes of countless games is something that never could have been predicted.

The leap he made in his game is unprecedented in what I've seen at NU.

I appreciated the Caitlin Clark long bomb for the record decision. That’s now yet another element he’s just starting to add to his game, launching and hitting a few Steph Curry length threes.

I appreciated the Caitlin Clark long bomb for the record decision. That’s now yet another element he’s just starting to add to his game, launching and hitting a few Steph Curry length threes.
Gotta' get ready for the next level

Reactions: NJcatsfan
There has never been a time in my 25 years as an NU fan that I *expected* NU to make a shot down the stretch. With Boo, I expect it. Late misses are a surprise.

And I have no idea if the numbers truly bear that out, but he has a swagger and a confidence and an ability to back it up that we’ve never seen.

And like fellow old guy CCC mentioned in the ‘takeaways’ column, he’s also cool. Demonstrative. Excitable. Responds to the crowd noise. Remembers silly gestures from the opponent and apes them three weeks later.

Boo Buie’s fifth year is the only undisputed good that came out of COVID. 😂

On the day he became the most prolific scorer in NU history, Boo Buie collected seven assists against only one turnover.

Total baller.

Last edited:
There has never been a time in my 25 years as an NU fan that I *expected* NU to make a shot down the stretch. With Boo, I expect it. Late misses are a surprise.

And I have no idea if the numbers truly bear that out, but he has a swagger and a confidence and an ability to back it up that we’ve never seen.

And like fellow old guy CCC mentioned in the ‘takeaways’ column, he’s also cool. Demonstrative. Excitable. Responds to the crowd noise. Remembers silly gestures from the opponent and apes them three weeks later.

Boo Buie’s fifth year is the only undisputed good that came out of COVID. 😂

On the day he became the best scorer in NU history, Boo Buie collected seven assists against only one turnover.

Total baller.
Boo is clearly the better player but I always expected Demps to hit clutch shots. Dude was a different player in crunch time.

I was telling my wife I really wanted to go to a game this season. Because it's not often we are actually good.

I've only been in the new WR for pre-season games. Yet to experience a loud, energized building. In typical NU fandom fashion, in the back of my mind, is the fear that opportunities to experience craziness might be very limited.

Well, the opportunity this season does not happen without Boo. I don't care who anyone considers the NU goat. I don't find that discussion particularly exciting. What I know is that no other player took us dancing once and is very close to doing it a second time.

In your honor Boo, I will do the griddy tonight. That is to say, I will ask my 11 yo daughter to do it for me. I don't need to blow a knee.

On the day he became the most prolific scorer in NU history, Boo Buie collected seven assists against only one turnover.

Total baller.
He worked very hard on getting everyone at least one shot last night. By the end of the season he will have over 600 assists to go along with all those points.

Reactions: zbag51
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT