ADVERTISEMENT

Jacob Jefferson our first WR commit for 2018?

Steve Wlitfong over at Denny's just cast his prediction for St. Pius (TX) WR Jacob Jefferson, stating that NU will be his choice. His other offers are NM and Rice.
He has lots of other schools looking at him, but only the three offers so far. He seems quite small so I am assuming he must be pretty fast.

Steve Wlitfong over at Denny's just cast his prediction for St. Pius (TX) WR Jacob Jefferson, stating that NU will be his choice. His other offers are NM and Rice.

Denny's is better than IHOP but neither can top Waffle House!

73418033.jpeg

waffle-house.jpg

It's hard to tell from his tape how fast he is. His junior tape only has about ten plays. Seems more shifty than a burner.

He's quick and pretty fast. I like him. Certainly a continuation of the recent trend back to smaller/quicker WRs who can get open and catch the ball.

Full season highlights are included on a his December 2nd post. Just scroll down. Not extensive and the competition seems below par considering it's Texas.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/5650184/jacob-jefferson

Last edited:
You obviously never ate at the Waffle House in Arkansas where I once had the misfortune of stopping. I'll never get within 100 feet of a Waffle House again.

No, but I have eaten in at least 6 to 8 different waffle houses, Tennessee, Florida, North Carolina, Kentucky, and never had a problem with any of them

Years ago I had the misfortune of treating an IHOP cook in the Emergency Department. He was grossly intoxicated with urine and feces on his hands and clothes. Won't go within 10 miles of one ever since...

The Original Pancake House is quite good, though....

Years ago I had the misfortune of treating an IHOP cook in the Emergency Department. He was grossly intoxicated with urine and feces on his hands and clothes. Won't go within 10 miles of one ever since...

The Original Pancake House is quite good, though....
Ok - that has me beat, but not by much. Some years ago (OK - a lot of years ago) my frat brothers and I came out of one of the Loyola bars with a couple of women we met there and walked past a gyro restaurant on Sheridan Road where we had just eaten a few hours earlier. We saw several rats standing on their hind legs eating the gyro meat off of the vertical metal rod that held it up to the flame, which was turned off after hours. Apparently, the restaurant just let the meat stand out all night - to serve the next day! - and had a rat problem. That scene sticks in my head to this day, much more than later that night with one of the Loyola coeds, which really was not all that memorable.

I knew when I opened up this thread that iit would turn into a debate about roadside breakfast establishments...which would then morph into horror stories relating to unclean food establishments. The writing was on the wall with the title "Jacob Jefferson our first WR commit for 2018?"

No, but I have eaten in at least 6 to 8 different waffle houses, Tennessee, Florida, North Carolina, Kentucky, and never had a problem with any of them

There's a Waffle House in Ohio that's our go-to after eating at my in-laws on holidays. Only so much hobo stew a man can take. I wouldn't order the steak there, but the namesake dishes and hash browns are just fine.

Ok - that has me beat, but not by much. Some years ago (OK - a lot of years ago) my frat brothers and I came out of one of the Loyola bars with a couple of women we met there and walked past a gyro restaurant on Sheridan Road where we had just eaten a few hours earlier. We saw several rats standing on their hind legs eating the gyro meat off of the vertical metal rod that held it up to the flame, which was turned off after hours. Apparently, the restaurant just let the meat stand out all night - to serve the next day! - and had a rat problem. That scene sticks in my head to this day, much more than later that night with one of the Loyola coeds, which really was not all that memorable.
But the Gyros were so good you went back, right?

The good thing about Denny's is that you can go into any of their restaurants and there is a better than average chance your waitress will be named Flo or Darlene.
And you can also buy your Progressive Insurance

There's a Waffle House in Ohio that's our go-to after eating at my in-laws on holidays. Only so much hobo stew a man can take. I wouldn't order the steak there, but the namesake dishes and hash browns are just fine.
Sort of cleans out the system for the trip home?

Think how good your immune system is now - from both things that night!

Reactions: Aging Booster

I hope you won't be upset, but despite the name of the restaurant I usually order bacon and eggs, sometimes French toast, virtually never a waffle, I'm pretty boring

Jefferson is in town visiting this weekend along with Jevon Henderson, Grayson Mann, Christian Morgan and Newsome. I have a feeling we'll be getting several more commitments over the next few days.

Nice group of athletes...I wouldn't be shocked to see 3-4 commits out of this group.

It's reassuring that a fast-growing thread about a recruit is not at all about the recruit.

Triple order, capped, peppered, topped. Your kids won't eat it and you'll nap for three straight hours.

For some surreal yet sublime reason, I'd feel really good inside of me if Newsome commits this weekend along with a handful of other of the fellows visiting this weekend. The weatherwoman on Ch7Abc says tomorrow/Sat is supposed to be perfect weather/ for some more commits. We need some wrs and dbs. I hope WR brings us some more good news over the next several days.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT