ADVERTISEMENT

Jango

ChappyCat

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2015
Michigan
Forgive me, but can somebody shed some light on Jango Glackin? I haven't seen him yet, not even on Special Teams. Any word?

Box score credited him for an assisted tackle in the last game, though I didn't see him on the field (he may have gotten in toward the end). He did make the trip to Duke, so he is not injured.

Forgive me, but can somebody shed some light on Jango Glackin? I haven't seen him yet, not even on Special Teams. Any word?
Jango filled in on special teams for McGee when he went out. He went in on two plays at the end of the game at Mike linebacker and was in on a tackle. Jango missing ten days of Camp moved him off all the special teams he was starting on and #2 Will. He will have to work his way back into the lineup and earn his playtime. Jango is learning every linebacker position, which is quite a bit to learn and stay up on. He is slotted now as the #3 Will and #3 Mike. Physically he is well and had a very good practice today.

Jango filled in on special teams for McGee when he went out. He went in on two plays at the end of the game at Mike linebacker and was in on a tackle. Jango missing ten days of Camp moved him off all the special teams he was starting on and #2 Will. He will have to work his way back into the lineup and earn his playtime. Jango is learning every linebacker position, which is quite a bit to learn and stay up on. He is slotted now as the #3 Will and #3 Mike. Physically he is well and had a very good practice today.
Glad you're still here.

I look in on this as many parents do. Just commenting less especially during the season. I love my Cats family. You are where all the diehard fans are at. I like to think. I am a part of that I am now a Cats fan for life.
Yeah, but this board is a cantankerous bunch. One thing that is out of bounds is criticism of specific players. Most of us know they give their all, and are, after all, young.

Thanks for the clarification! Glad to see Jango make the trip to Duke.

Reactions: CatsDad
Yeah, but this board is a cantankerous bunch. One thing that is out of bounds is criticism of specific players. Most of us know they give their all, and are, after all, young.
All these kids know it comes with playing big time football. I promise no one wants to win more than they do. The only comment I will make is that no one is more upset than Thorson. I am sure some will not like my next statement. I wouldn't trade Thorson for any quarterback in the Nation. I am proud to have such a high character and competitive leader like he. He will be fine, as will the rest of the team. Let's all flush that loss, we all want to win the West. This doesn't hurt that.

Most are disappointed, I get it. I was too. They are passionate about their Cats, which is awesome. Save all the burning coaches and players at the stakes till the end of the season. We all hated losing to Duke, but the season starts in Madison. Who will even care about Duke if we beat the Badgers and win the West?

Glad to learn of Jango's contribution in taking advantage of the opportunity when it presented itself.

Glad to learn of Jango's contribution in taking advantage of the opportunity when it presented itself.
Jango came to Northwestern to help the Cats win a B1G title. He will do that in any capacity he can. He will push his fellow backers to get better and they will him. I appreciate the support you show my son and the team. Let's win the West.

Glad to hear from ya Cats Dad. Thanks for the clarification! Hope Jango gets to recovery and I fully echo your sentiments – let's take the west!!

Most are disappointed, I get it. I was too. They are passionate about their Cats, which is awesome. Save all the burning coaches and players at the stakes till the end of the season. We all hated losing to Duke, but the season starts in Madison. Who will even care about Duke if we beat the Badgers and win the West?
Cheers to that CatsDad!

I appreciate this attitude. For most of us, blowing off a little anger and frustration on gamedays is part of the ritual of sport. We don't really mean most of what we say, but there is a certain release that I think most people secretly enjoy. Heck, how else have I been able to be a Cincinnati Bengal fan for all these years if that wasn't true! The flip side is that this is why top athletes like your son get full rides to places like NU and why the pros make all the money they do. Glad to hear you and your son have that in perspective. Hope to see Jango out there more and more and wish him all the success on and off the field.

Reactions: FightNorthwestern
Glad to hear from CatsDad...helps remind me of why I am an NU fan.....helps me keep things in perspective and back to what I really like to do which is root for the Cats....win or lose......Cant wait to see how they do against BG and what adjustments they make.

I appreciate this attitude. For most of us, blowing off a little anger and frustration on gamedays is part of the ritual of sport. We don't really mean most of what we say, but there is a certain release that I think most people secretly enjoy. Heck, how else have I been able to be a Cincinnati Bengal fan for all these years if that wasn't true! The flip side is that this is why top athletes like your son get full rides to places like NU and why the pros make all the money they do. Glad to hear you and your son have that in perspective. Hope to see Jango out there more and more and wish him all the success on and off the field.

We are overly invested and powerless to do anything meaningful. Not that healthy a situation.

Glad you're still here.
I am too. I have really appreciated you passion and occasional inside info that might even step over the line.
I don't think I could participate if my son were on the team. I could barely stand to go to my son's T ball games with out criticizing the umpire for his calls in the strike zone.

I am too. I have really appreciated you passion and occasional inside info that might even step over the line.
I don't think I could participate if my son were on the team. I could barely stand to go to my son's T ball games with out criticizing the umpire for his calls in the strike zone.
By the time your son gets to this level you will have had plenty of practice. As you can tell I have not fully mastered it. Going to their games and investing in your kids will be the greatest investment you make. I like that this board is very passionate. I fully understand a need to vent and to express. We are a giant disfunctional family on this board, but we are family. And we all share the same passion, Northwestern football.

Jango is a Bengals fan. I tease him every year about being a glutton for punishment. But I also respect that he has always been a Bengals fan and doesn't change teams every year to whoever wins the Superbowl. I respect you all on this board because you love the Wildcats and stick with this team thru thick and thin. I will be heading to Evanston to watch us beat BGSU. I have friends kids on that team and I am pretty friendly with that coaching staff. Then I will be flying to Madison, Jango chose Northwestern over Wisconsin. I want to walk out of Camp Randall with a smile on my face and thumping my chest. Hope to meet some of you out at these games.

Jango is a Bengals fan. I tease him every year about being a glutton for punishment. But I also respect that he has always been a Bengals fan and doesn't change teams every year to whoever wins the Superbowl. I respect you all on this board because you love the Wildcats and stick with this team thru thick and thin. I will be heading to Evanston to watch us beat BGSU. I have friends kids on that team and I am pretty friendly with that coaching staff. Then I will be flying to Madison, Jango chose Northwestern over Wisconsin. I want to walk out of Camp Randall with a smile on my face and thumping my chest. Hope to meet some of you out at these games.
Lets hope it is your chest is thumping and not Camp Randall during the fifth quarter. A loss in that stadium can be quite humbling and is to be avoided at all costs.

By the time your son gets to this level you will have had plenty of practice. As you can tell I have not fully mastered it. Going to their games and investing in your kids will be the greatest investment you make. I like that this board is very passionate. I fully understand a need to vent and to express. We are a giant disfunctional family on this board, but we are family. And we all share the same passion, Northwestern football.
Well, it will be my grandson playing T ball soon. I'm hoping that goes better for me.

I'll be at both of these as well, CatsDad. If I see you, I'll make it a point to say hello.

Random ?, but what feedback did Jango hear from schools that didn't offer? Was it size? Always interesting to hear why big programs spurned kids

Random ?, but what feedback did Jango hear from schools that didn't offer? Was it size? Always interesting to hear why big programs spurned kids
Most of the ones who didn't offer said that they wanted to but couldn't because of things they heard negative about him from Lebanon. Jango was the first player to get a power five offer in almost twenty years in Lebanon. He went to MSU camp as a Sophomore and got his first offer from Buffalo at that Camp. The next week he went to BGSU and fifteen minutes into the camp they stopped the camp and told him they saw, enough and offered him. He would go to six more camps and get six more offers including his first power five from Indiana. He would pick up WVU right before the start of his Junior year starting and would never get another offer till he left Lebanon. Jango would get a call from IMG Academy offering him over 100k in scholarships to leave Lebanon and play for the Ascenders.Jango would head to IMG during his Christmas break. It would be a gamble. IMG was stacked at linebacker. If Jango went there and didn't start it could make schools that offered pull their scholarships and others not offer. Jango would start every game he was healthy. The coaches at IMG would totally contradict the lies coming out of Lebanon. Oregon and Stanford renewed interest in him. Oregon very much liked him, but I told Stanford and Oregon my son would not go to the West coast. OSU recruited Jango pretty heavily, but Urban will not offer a kid without a stellar recommendation from all coaches. Jango would get an offer from USF, Navy, Wisconsin, Northwestern, and most the Ivy schools. He would be Harvard, Navy, and WVU biggest recruit target. When you get 9 offers as a Sophomore your offers should roll in unless they are stopped by someone. Jango is 6'1 and is about 225. The program has him at 6 ft. They have backers talker than him on the program that aren't. His size was never an issue that any told us. I didn't play the recruiting game. If we weren't interested in a school we didn't pretend to be to get offers. Many offers you see kids record are uncommittable offers, which aren't really offers. Jango had a few of those offers that we didn't report or list. I always asked if his offers were commitable. If they weren't we didn't list them or report them. The week of signing day Jango got word from several schools. He told them he was totally committed to Northwestern. Had Jango been at IMG Academy his Junior year also he would have had many more offers. Jango ran 4.5's at every camp he attended and very low to sub 4 pro agilities. He would jump anywhere from 32 to 37 vertical. He would also stand out in one on one drills. He wouldn't camp his Junior year which also would have gotten him more offers. Miami, PSU, ND, Michigan, and especially OSU wanted to see him at their camps, but Jango would chose not to Camp and just take his few weeks of summer break to prepare for his season at IMG Academy. We didn't chase offers. There were three schools he was interested in and would commit to the first thar offered. He wanted Northwestern, Notre Dame, and Michigan. When he got offered Wisconsin before Northwestern we set up a visit. Right before leaving on that visit Northwestern offered. Wisconsin was sure Jango would commit. Jango wouldn't commit and would commit to Northwestern. My son would never get an award from Lebanon or be a Captain. He would run for 104 yards against a playoff team on two carries and never touch the ball again. The following year he would run the ball one time for 18 yards against Jake Saunders team and never touch it the rest of the season. Lebanon would have a 14 year playoff drought, and go twenty years without a player getting a power five offer. Jango would improve in every area at IMG despite playing against the best competition in the Nation. He would come up one vote short of being a Captain and would win awards at IMG. His coaches at IMG still call Jango and I to check on him. I have a great relationship with his linebacker coach. Needless to say we don't speak to the Lebanon staff.

Last edited:
Most of the ones who didn't offer said that they wanted to but couldn't because of things they heard negative about him from Lebanon. Jango was the first player to get a power five offer in almost twenty years in Lebanon. He went to MSU camp as a Sophomore and got his first offer from Buffalo at that Camp. The next week he went to BGSU and fifteen minutes into the camp they stopped the camp and told him they saw, enough and offered him. He would go to six more camps and get six more offers including his first power five from Indiana. He would pick up WVU right before the start of his Junior year starting and would never get another offer till he left Lebanon. Jango would get a call from IMG Academy offering him over 100k in scholarships to leave Lebanon and play for the Ascenders.Jango would head to IMG during his Christmas break. It would be a gamble. IMG was stacked at linebacker. If Jango went there and didn't start it could make schools that offered pull their scholarships and others not offer. Jango would start every game he was healthy. The coaches at IMG would totally contradict the lies coming out of Lebanon. Oregon and Stanford renewed interest in him. Oregon very much liked him, but I told Stanford and Oregon my son would not go to the West coast. OSU recruited Jango pretty heavily, but Urban will not offer a kid without a stellar recommendation from all coaches. Jango would get an offer from USF, Navy, Wisconsin, Northwestern, and most the Ivy schools. He would be Harvard, Navy, and WVU biggest recruit target. When you get 9 offers as a Sophomore your offers should roll in unless they are stopped by someone. Jango is 6'1 and is about 225. The program has him at 6 ft. They have backers talker than him on the program that aren't. His size was never an issue that any told us. I didn't play the recruiting game. If we weren't interested in a school we didn't pretend to be to get offers. Many offers you see kids record are uncommittable offers, which aren't really offers. Jango had a few of those offers that we didn't report or list. I always asked if his offers were commitable. If they weren't we didn't list them or report them. The week of signing day Jango got word from several schools. He told them he was totally committed to Northwestern. Had Jango been at IMG Academy his Junior year also he would have had many more offers. Jango ran 4.5's at every camp he attended and very low to sub 4 pro agilities. He would jump anywhere from 32 to 37 vertical. He would also stand out in one on one drills. He wouldn't camp his Junior year which also would have gotten him more offers. Miami, PSU, ND, Michigan, and especially OSU wanted to see him at their camps, but Jango would chose not to Camp and just take his few weeks of summer break to prepare for his season at IMG Academy. We didn't chase offers. There were three schools he was interested in and would commit to the first thar offered. He wanted Northwestern, Notre Dame, and Michigan. When he got offered Wisconsin before Northwestern we set up a visit. Right before leaving on that visit Northwestern offered. Wisconsin was sure Jango would commit. Jango wouldn't commit and would commit to Northwestern. My son would never get an award from Lebanon or be a Captain. He would run for 104 yards against a playoff team on two carries and never touch the ball again. The following year he would run the ball one time for 18 yards against Jake Saunders team and never touch it the rest of the season. Lebanon would have a 14 year playoff drought, and go twenty years without a player getting a power five offer. Jango would improve in every area at IMG despite playing against the best competition in the Nation. He would come up one vote short of being a Captain and would win awards at IMG. His coaches at IMG still call Jango and I to check on him. I have a great relationship with his linebacker coach. Needless to say we don't speak to the Lebanon staff.
What is an uncommitable offer?

What is an uncommitable offer?
Many schools give out offers to create buzz. It is am offer that a recruit can't commit to. Many recruits report these offers as real offers. Is a offer that a school won't take your commitment really an offer? It is like me offering you a job, but you can't accept that job offer but you can report you got a job offer.

Many schools give out offers to create buzz. It is am offer that a recruit can't commit to. Many recruits report these offers as real offers. Is a offer that a school won't take your commitment really an offer? It is like me offering you a job, but you can't accept that job offer but you can report you got a job offer.
Does the school tell the kid they cannot accept the offer when they extend it. Sounds like a bull crap move on the schools part. Maybe thats why some schools have >250 offer outstanding....

Does the school tell the kid they cannot accept the offer when they extend it. Sounds like a bull crap move on the schools part. Maybe thats why some schools have >250 offer outstanding....
Unless you ask, the recruit may not know. I always asked if it was a commitable offer. Many many offers you see kids report aren't real.

Also kids lie about offers. A school can't dispute a fake offer. Say I listed USC as offering, USC couldn't come out and say it isn't true.

You also have schools offer a recruit, but tell them the offer isn't commitable till we see you at one of our camps. The school isn't out anything, but it is a way to get the kid to camp.

Given the lengthy nature of this post, I'd say you missed us. :)

Glad to hear your son is OK. The team definitely needs to get healthy on defense and pick up the OL play before the B1G schedule starts. I'll be attending the Penn State game with my brother the Penn State alum, so I want to be sure he doesn't have too much to crow about.

Glad to hear your son is OK. The team definitely needs to get healthy on defense and pick up the OL play before the B1G schedule starts. I'll be attending the Penn State game with my brother the Penn State alum, so I want to be sure he doesn't have too much to crow about.
I am also going to be there. Introduce yourself if you see me. I too am a Keystone kid. I was born in Jersey, but the rest of my family are Philadelphians

You see kids posting offers to top programs all the time that end up walking on somewhere or going no where. I knew kids with nothing but made up offers and uncommitable offers. Nobody knows what is real and what isn't when it comes to offers. There are kids ranked high on the scouting sites where most or all of their offers are not real.

Reactions: Gladeskat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT