ADVERTISEMENT

JON hired by the Lions as a defensive assistant

O’Neil became a DC in only his 6th year in the NFL. He had spent five seasons with the Jets as quality control then asst defensive backs coach.

Then Mike Pettine went from the Jets as DC to the Bills as DC, bringing JON as linebackers coach. When Pettine got the head job in Cleveland, he brought JON for those two years.

Pettine, for his part, was a valued assistant to Rex Ryan. He was, however, “not retained” as DC before moving to Buffalo and taking JON with him.

The lesson here? I should be more productive. Also, I had no recollection of the name “Mike Pettine” until now.

O’Neil became a DC in only his 6th year in the NFL. He had spent five seasons with the Jets as quality control then asst defensive backs coach.

Then Mike Pettine went from the Jets as DC to the Bills as DC, bringing JON as linebackers coach. When Pettine got the head job in Cleveland, he brought JON for those two years.

Pettine, for his part, was a valued assistant to Rex Ryan. He was, however, “not retained” as DC before moving to Buffalo and taking JON with him.

The lesson here? I should be more productive. Also, I had no recollection of the name “Mike Pettine” until now.
Or some guys will never learn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT