ADVERTISEMENT

JR PACE taking his skills to the NFL

I’ve always liked Pace.
Living in metro ATL, I always get excited when NU gets commits from ‘locals’, and I pay a bit of extra attention to their careers.

The only game I attended at Ryan Field last decade was the game where Pace nabbed his first career interception, a huge late pick with a big return against Nate Stanley and Iowa.

A very good and very fun ‘Cat, now and forever.

Last edited:
How does Wisky get potential NFL players like Ferguson and Sanborn to come back?

Reactions: drewjin
How does Wisky get potential NFL players like Ferguson and Sanborn to come back?
Wiscy got hit hard by COVID this season. Multiple games cancelled, Mertz out for a few games, etc. I suspect the players may just want to come back for a full season. Ferguson is also Barry Alvarez's grandson, and I don't think it'd be too much of a stretch to guess that he feels a strong connection to the university and wants to give Barry one more season.

Reactions: drewjin
One of my friends and I met his mother while waiting in line for concessions at Ryan Field two seasons ago. Ended up having a nice conversation with her. Pace was one of my favorite players on the current team then, and even more so after meeting his mom. Could easily see where he gets his strong character and values from. He will be missed, but I will be so happy to see him play and succeed at the next level!

He posted a great piece to Twitter.
Can players come back if they don"t get drafted or picked up as free agents? What is the rule or Fitz's for that matter or is only he allowed to seek out better opportunities?

Way to go JR. Anyone have as to his potential draft prospects? I would think he should be a day 3 type selection?

Also, he was already a senior, so this is him not taking the "free" extra year of eligibility, but he played a full 4 years.
Very likely UDFA at this point. He's not listed (yet) on Walter Camp, which usually lists its top 40 or so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT