ADVERTISEMENT

Just got off a Zoom Meeting with Coach Fitzgerald

Nebraska has no WR injuries currently to their top 7 receivers. But I'm gonna demand you go outside and throw salt over your shoulder as an act of penance for attempting to curse fate. Palmer has never been hurt. Tight Ends definitely don't have much depth beyond Vokolek though.

But as for NW, I'm assuming Fitz is lying unless he has some ringer stacked up beyond Danny Navarro. Malik Washington, Bryce Kirtz, and Mangieri would struggle to start for nearly every Big Ten team.
Wrong.

Nebraska’s fans bring all of the obnoxiousness of a big program with none of the success — and throw in the fake classiness. I don’t think we will win but still really hope we kick some ass next week.
Don't worry about ole Cornicator. He's smoke and mirrors on the Nebraska board as well. According to him we should never lose a game. Talk to most fans and they aren't of the same opinion.

Those of us on the respective reunion class committees for the upcoming homecoming were invited to join in with Coach Fitzgerald on a Zoom meeting. Coach Fitzgerald himself will be celebrating his 25th Northwestern Alumni Reunion along with the rest of us commemorating our reunions. The final question from "Willy" in the concluding Q and A portion was how Coach treats the Reunion game. He acknowledged that it is special and that he does keep in mind that for many returning alums it may be the only game that they get to see in person. He accepts that as a challenge to go all out in encouraging the best performance possible from the players.

Many of the preceding questions had to do with some of the challenges the team faced last year and what steps have been taken to course correct. He didn't give away any inside information but it was apparent that he does not expect this year to be a repeat. He spoke highly of both quarterbacks without revealing which might have the edge. Speaking about edges, his opening statement about this year's team was, "We have got our edge back." Adding to that he stated, "I feel really good about this team."

As to specifics he spoke highly of the Offensive Line and the Tight Ends. He used the term deep in describing the running backs and receivers. Significantly he seemed excited in his praise of the special teams transfers who have joined the team referencing both the added kicker and punter.

In the discussion he provided some insight as to the game ahead in Dublin noting that for 70% of the players this will be the first time they have left the country. He commented on how it has been a logistical challenge getting passports and all the other requisites just for the travel. He addressed the specific day to day scheduling and practices that will lead up to the game. He also noted that while Nebraska will have to fly back immediately after the game that since we do not play the following week that the day after the game has been scheduled to allow the players a chance to experience Ireland and they will then fly out on Monday with Tuesday an open day upon return. The one specific pregame event he mentioned was an authentic Irish Caberet on Wednesday night preceding the Thursday practice. He mentioned he would be at Friday's Pep Rally hoping to join in person those in the meeting who would be coming to Dublin.

As expected he said that this is "a business trip". and that this is no exhibition game as the Cats are playing a West opponent against whom we have been 50-50 under his tenure and are going there to win so the Wildcats can start the season 1 and 0.
I have also categorized this as a business game! Bought a new cumpfyshmumfy couch with a drink holder and placeholder to attend to business while catching the game!

The college football season is marked and heralded each year by the opening of the Alaska State Fair.

Views from today, Friday, at the State Fair:
IMG_9844_(1).jpg

IMG_9835_(2).jpg

IMG_9839_(1).jpg

IMG_9788_(1).jpg

IMG_9784.jpg

IMG_9791.jpg

IMG_9789.jpg

IMG_9790.jpg

IMG_9810.jpg

IMG_9795.jpg

IMG_9805.jpg

IMG_9813.jpg

IMG_9794.jpg

IMG_9845_(2).jpg

IMG_9855.jpg

IMG_9862_(1).jpg

Great stuff my Alaska friend. I always look forward to these, so keep 'em coming. Our West Lot tailgate is back in action, will I see you at Homecoming? I'll bring the famous cookies if you'll stop by.

Great stuff my Alaska friend. I always look forward to these, so keep 'em coming. Our West Lot tailgate is back in action, will I see you at Homecoming? I'll bring the famous cookies if you'll stop by.

RSVP accepted. Will bring the Alaska Karma for a Badger beat down ahead at Homecoming.

OK EvanstonCat are you a believer now?

Sorry EvanstonCat, looks like we haven’t seen the last Moose pics.
The Moose karma rules.That big boy looks like one of our OL that dominated today.Keep on posting those Moose pics Alaska.You and the Moose have earned the right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT