ADVERTISEMENT

Kafka as Giants OC

WestCoastWildcat

May 29, 2001
Del Mar, CA
I’m watching the Giants-Cowboys game now. I know Kafka was considered as a future OC when he was with the Chiefs. Any thoughts on how he is doing as the Giants OC so far and If his career will remain in the pros?

Last edited:
Improve that OL.He is fighting with one hand tied behind his back.Jones was pressured or hit over 20 times tonight.Kafka is going to be just fine.Liked the way he tried to keep the Cowboys D off balance.He will do just fine as an OC.Then probably as a HC somewhere in the future.

He’s doing really well so far - his final drive capped by a successful 2 point conversion (shovel pass to the RB IIRC) to win outright in Week 1 were something to watch. He’s coaching Jones to look like a servicable NFL QB which is no small feat. Kafka has a really nice future in coaching, and made the right move at the right time.

Meanwhile, Bienemy and Chiefs had a choppy week. They’re 2-1 but just had a bad loss to the 0-2 Colts where they only scored 17. Life’s not as easy without Tyreek Hill stretching the field.

The Cowpies tore up the Giants' OL. Hard to tell how good MK is without stronger OL play. I'm sure the Giants and their fans realize there has to be some rebuilding.

On the bright side, that's the best Jones has looked in a long time.

GO MK!!!!

The Cowpies tore up the Giants' OL. Hard to tell how good MK is without stronger OL play. I'm sure the Giants and their fans realize there has to be some rebuilding.

On the bright side, that's the best Jones has looked in a long time.

GO MK!!!!
Cowpies fan here, and I wish MK the best unless he's playing my Cowboys.

He ran a couple of screens early that really punished the Cowboys' aggressive D. I think he should have gone back to that more in the 2nd half.

While the Cowboys did get to Jones often, Jones also had some great scrambles to pick up first downs with his feet. And there were some great called QB runs for first downs. Maybe call some more roll-outs to get Jones outside (out of pressure) with the opportunity to tuck it and run, which would play to his strengths.

He’s doing really well so far - his final drive capped by a successful 2 point conversion (shovel pass to the RB IIRC) to win outright in Week 1 were something to watch. He’s coaching Jones to look like a servicable NFL QB which is no small feat. Kafka has a really nice future in coaching, and made the right move at the right time.

Meanwhile, Bienemy and Chiefs had a choppy week. They’re 2-1 but just had a bad loss to the 0-2 Colts where they only scored 17. Life’s not as easy without Tyreek Hill stretching the field.
Wonder if he will ever come back to college coaching? HC? Heard he liked Evanston.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT