ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NY Giants offense- is Kafka on the hot seat?

WestCoastWildcat

May 29, 2001
Del Mar, CA
Wow, the Giants offense is really sputtering. They haven’t scored a TD for awhile. The Giants qb called an audible at the end of the first half and handed off to Barkley who was stopped short of the goal line as the clock ran out. I wonder if Kafka’s OC job is on the line now. You won’t win NFL games with only 3 fg’s. The Bills didn’t have that much punch either on offense but they managed 2 td’s which was enough to win. The Giants are now 1-5.

Giants have the worst OL in the NFL and it's not even close. Pretty hard to run a dynamic offense with a player who was selling real estate a week ago playing at Left Tackle.

....add to that they were on the 1 yard line at the end of the game and called what turned out to be an unsuccessful pass play and ended the game. Boy the Bills do not look like a dominant team anymore.

Something is definitely wrong somewhere. When the Giants were competitive last season, their O worked and we frequently saw MK on TV, sometimes with some admiratrion from the announcers. Can't remember the last time that happened. Looks like the HC is calling the plays these days. As noted above, the backup OL is inept. MK could be looking for work.

It looks like Kafka keeps his job for another year (the remained of his contract). The DC left the Giants on much more tumultuous terms.

Daboll’s seat is very hot if he turns in another clunker next year.

If bears had Kafka as oc, IMHO there would be no controversy about retaining j fields. Jf would be top6 nfl qb and bears would be comfortable ensconced in playoffs

It looks like Kafka keeps his job for another year (the remained of his contract). The DC left the Giants on much more tumultuous terms.

Daboll’s seat is very hot if he turns in another clunker next year.
The way I read it, even after the tumultuous meeting where Wink cursed at his boss (for firing two of his hand-picked assistants), the Giants are still planning to bring him back next season...

I live in NY so I get the NYPost sports pages every day. It is no secret that Daboll almost never has a nice word to say to anyone. This has been widely reported in the Post, on NY sports talk radio, etc.

All that is fine by me, I'm a Jets fan!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT