ADVERTISEMENT

KJ Feagin (grad transfer PG) update

6-1 190 point guard, broke his hand this season 2 games in. Seems like he could be a solid contributor if we land him, perhaps a bigger Juice Thompson type of player.

I miss Juice. He was always built wrong for the 1-3-1, but he had just so much awesome.

I believe he will come here if he can get in academically

The situation at NU should be attractive for a player like Feagin. He would likely get the majority of the minutes at lead guard, with Greer and Buie filling in the rest.

6-1 190 point guard, broke his hand this season 2 games in. Seems like he could be a solid contributor if we land him, perhaps a bigger Juice Thompson type of player.
Would he have one or two years of eligibility ? Just asking as this year would likely be able to be a MRS year.

One year, but he can play right away.
As a grad transfer he could. I was just wondering if he had a RS for a year which would with a MRS give him two years, Apparently not.

The situation at NU should be attractive for a player like Feagin. He would likely get the majority of the minutes at lead guard, with Greer and Buie filling in the rest.
Attractive in that he could get playing time. Not so attractive in that I think any of us who are being honest see next season as a rough year.

Attractive in that he could get playing time. Not so attractive in that I think any of us who are being honest see next season as a rough year.

Adding a serviceable Big Ten lead guard would go a LONG way to making NU more competitive in the league next year.

Reactions: IGNORE
He is a nice fill in allowing Greer to develop further. Also CCC has targeted a top guy in the class of 21 to be the next BMac type LG and a Grad Transfer such as this solves the problem for next year with upper class leadership and does not get in the way of recruiting the stud in the 2021 class. Then you have the situation a lot would want of a LG and decent backup for the next 3 years.

As far as next year, I do not see it as bad as many here do. If you have the GT PG and Greer as well as Buie plus Taylor for another year and Gaines and the wings we have coming in and back (Kopp, Nance Behran plus the down low presence of Benson Young and a legitimate PF in Jones, I see it as a better makeup than what we presently have. Yes we will miss Pardon for sure but he is hurt because he does not have the PF playing beside him. And Law would be missed if he was back to being himself but he has been sort of out of it for the last 9 games (including the one he missed)

He is a nice fill in allowing Greer to develop further. Also CCC has targeted a top guy in the class of 21 to be the next BMac type LG and a Grad Transfer such as this solves the problem for next year with upper class leadership and does not get in the way of recruiting the stud in the 2021 class. Then you have the situation a lot would want of a LG and decent backup for the next 3 years.

As far as next year, I do not see it as bad as many here do. If you have the GT PG and Greer as well as Buie plus Taylor for another year and Gaines and the wings we have coming in and back (Kopp, Nance Behran plus the down low presence of Benson Young and a legitimate PF in Jones, I see it as a better makeup than what we presently have. Yes we will miss Pardon for sure but he is hurt because he does not have the PF playing beside him. And Law would be missed if he was back to being himself but he has been sort of out of it for the last 9 games (including the one he missed)

We get Turner back not Taylor

Reactions: hdhntr1

Don't get me wrong... I'd be thrilled to get a GT PG for next year. I'm just saying I don't see NU as such a hot destination next season. I think we are going to really suffer. We won't have any pure scorers and we are going to get killed in the paint without Pardon.

Don't get me wrong... I'd be thrilled to get a GT PG for next year. I'm just saying I don't see NU as such a hot destination next season. I think we are going to really suffer. We won't have any pure scorers and we are going to get killed in the paint without Pardon.

We have no pure scorers this year. Feagin might actually be that guy for us. Seems to be a natural scorer and decent but not elite athlete.

If they see the minutes available it is. At this point we have no established PG. So they see an open spot where they could get 25-35 mpg. That is a lot better than someplace that just needs an experienced backup

don't think its going to happen

Too bad, I think we could've used him.

Another grad transfer we were after, Matt Mooney, seems to be a solid contributor at Texas Tech this season so far, averaging 29 minutes, 10.6 points, 3.0 assists, 2.6 turnovers. That kind of production from a grad transfer lead guard would be a big boost to the team.

Reactions: drewjin
that's unfortunate

If Coach Collins is smart, he will get out before this admissions dept. ruins his reputation. You guys slag on Carmody a lot and the guy had flaws, but you have to hit on every recruit to succeed here and there's just no margin for error.

Collins is finding that out. You miss on Falzon, Rap, Brown, Ash, and Vassar and there's no way to mask those errors with a 5-star blue chipper bc you'll absolutely never get him through admissions.

This is simply stupid of NU, shooting its coaches in the foot.

If Coach Collins is smart, he will get out before this admissions dept. ruins his reputation. You guys slag on Carmody a lot and the guy had flaws, but you have to hit on every recruit to succeed here and there's just no margin for error.

Collins is finding that out. You miss on Falzon, Rap, Brown, Ash, and Vassar and there's no way to mask those errors with a 5-star blue chipper bc you'll absolutely never get him through admissions.

No one said it had to do with admissions.

Puke, what are the current NU admissions criteria for basketball players? I've seen us offer 5 star kids before so presumably the coaches expected them to pass admissions.

Reactions: drewjin
Puke, what are the current NU admissions criteria for basketball players? I've seen us offer 5 star kids before so presumably the coaches expected them to pass admissions.

Nobody knows except the staff and admissions. It's quite a lot lower than regular admissions but much higher than every other school in the conference. Just last year we backed off a guy due to academics. He'll probably be honored for academics at his current school because that typifies the NU attitude as far as admissions standards. We want to give ourselves an excuse not to win.

Whether grad transfers are denied by admissions, or whether it was just a choice to play elsewhere.
Because eventually with enough pressure, they might get admissions straightened out but the recruits decision to go somewhere else cannot be?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT