ADVERTISEMENT

Kopp/Bey ??

catstime16

May 27, 2015
Vandy receives commit from '18 SF Nesmith. Does this mean anything/everything
as it relates to Mr. Kopp and NU? Young Bey fellow from the District still scheduled
for Evanston visit this weekend? I'm unfortunately not "in the know" or "with sources"
Thanks

While the older Kopp brother plays football for Vandy, I think our main competition there is Butler. Miller just needs to decide if he's a "high major" prospect or not ;)

And for Bey it seems the main competition is Pitt and Miami.

Hoping that Collins and the team can close one of these guys - both are great players, great fits for the program.

Reactions: Medill90
While the older Kopp brother plays football for Vandy, I think our main competition there is Butler. Miller just needs to decide if he's a "high major" prospect or not ;)

Hoping that Collins and the team can close one of these guys - both are great players, great fits for the program.

Agree, Vandy doesn't seem to be in the equation for Kopp. Butler does seem to be the big competition. But what makes you think Michigan is out, though? I wonder if he will take an official there.

I think Xavier is also in play for Bey. He pushed his NU visit back a week, Louie reported.

Last edited:
relax. we are good.
fat_lady_sings.jpg

Reactions: NURoseBowl
Agree, Vandy doesn't seem to be in the equation for Kopp. Butler does seem to be the big competition. But what makes you think Michigan is out, though? I wonder if he will take an official there.

I think Xavier is also in play for Bey. He pushed his NU visit back a week, Louie reported.
You think that is because of the situation with Kopp? If Kopp accepts, no more position?

The big east has outranked the big ten basically every season since they've realigned and Butler beats NU on the floor, attendance and has had like 5 academic all Americans in the last ten years. Hard to criticizes them for not being high major if NU is.

The big east has outranked the big ten basically every season since they've realigned and Butler beats NU on the floor, attendance and has had like 5 academic all Americans in the last ten years. Hard to criticizes them for not being high major if NU is.
Butler blows.

According to 247, Bey has changed his interest level in NU to "None"......

That's more significant than analysts suddenly switching Kopp to NU. But most importantly, Lou V retweeted Kopp's little brother tweeting a purple cat emoji.

Reactions: DaCat
That's more significant than analysts suddenly switching Kopp to NU. But most importantly, Lou V retweeted Kopp's little brother tweeting a purple cat emoji.

Note that "more significant" still doesn't mean "significant." The whole Crystal Ball thing is hilarious to me.

Lou V retweeted Kopp's little brother tweeting a purple cat emoji.

Btw in unrelated news, same little brother (Anderson) is a decent prospect in his own right, receiving an offer from Texas A&M.
Made me think A&M was trying to pull a coup but with recent developments Im far less worried.

Note that "more significant" still doesn't mean "significant." The whole Crystal Ball thing is hilarious to me.

I thought the "warm" was done by the players themselves. Verbal Commits always reports "downgraded his interest..." or "upgraded his...".

If it's based on what analysts say, I'd agree that it has very little significance.

I thought the "warm" was done by the players themselves. Verbal Commits always reports "downgraded his interest..." or "upgraded his...".

If it's based on what analysts say, I'd agree that it has very little significance.

While I don't know for certain, I would bet the house that that is not the literal preference of the recruit but instead an analyst's interpretation. Highly doubtful an interviewer will go through a player's entire list and say "OK, are you warmer/warm/cold/colder for 'School X?' OK, how about 'School Y?,' What about 'School Z?'"

Reactions: Windy City Cat Fan
While I don't know for certain, I would bet the house that that is not the literal preference of the recruit but instead an analyst's interpretation. Highly doubtful an interviewer will go through a player's entire list and say "OK, are you warmer/warm/cold/colder for 'School X?' OK, how about 'School Y?,' What about 'School Z?'"
Ir maybe it is mostly just their interpretation of what has been said or done. Visit or visit scheduled is high interest. Others are warm if he is talking with them at all and none otherwise,

According to 247, Bey has changed his interest level in NU to "None"......

I agree with GCG. I do not think that it is literally the players who upgrade/downgrade the 247 status.

I suspect the fact that 4 additional analysts predicted Kopp to NU for the last scholarship spot triggered the move in Bey's interest.

Sounds like all this speculating will be irrelevant in about an hour.

Hard to criticizes them for not being high major if NU is.

Hence my winky eye, signifying I was stating it ironically. Big East is not "Power 5" but everyone knows it's a great bball conference, and Butler is at the level of a "high major" program.

But now everyone also knows that Milly Kopp is a 'Cat! I'm ecstatic at how this class has played out!!

Hence my winky eye, signifying I was stating it ironically. Big East is not "Power 5" but everyone knows it's a great bball conference, and Butler is at the level of a "high major" program.

But now everyone also knows that Milly Kopp is a 'Cat! I'm ecstatic at how this class has played out!!
You've got a winky eye? Maybe you should get that checked.

His name is actually Killer Mopp.

That is clever. I'm sure he's heard it before, but upon confirmation that it doesn't bug him, the student section needs to get some "Killer Mops" to taunt the opposing teams at the New Welsh Ryan.

Death+by+Killer+Mop+Doll-low+res.jpg

He could even have his own cheering section, called The Koppy Cats.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT