ADVERTISEMENT

Last thing we need is another take...

DkeCat

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2002
...but going to give it anyway :)

1) A JON defense is like a McCall offense - way too much thinking for the players. Have no idea why Fitz is endorsing this, but would nearly guarantee we simplify over the bye week and probably go back to more Cover-4 where the players are comfortable. But it is as bad as it seemed from the outset.

2) I remember someone saying LBs are the least important position on the field, but I disagree (and maybe I got that quote wrong). But our LBs may be the worst starting group I have seen in a very long time - partially what you get when you have several multi-year starters. But the regression in the players (particularly Bergin) is pretty stunning. You are not going to make many tackles rocking on your back foot and not tackling downhill. He is being exposed as being too small and "reachy" despite how amazing his story is. And McIntyre is appreciably slower than Fisher, who himself made Siemian look fast. Could be a reason why we are playing more nickel.

3) Said it in another post, but will echo it again here - very different situation with JON and letting a father figure like McCall go. I wouldn't be surprised to see Fitz make a change, though undoubtedly it will be a year later than we would like.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News