ADVERTISEMENT

Let's Hope This Doesn't Happen.....

corbi296

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2005
Just speculation on the writer's part but Buffalo QB Tyree Jackson has entered his name in the transfer portal and I want no part of him in the Big Ten. I watched this kid play a couple of times this season and he is legit. Perhaps the best NFL QB prospect I saw all season with Ben Rothlesberger at Miami of Ohio type size, mobility and arm strength. Let's hope this kid wakes up and realizes he should go straight to the NFL and collect that 1st round signing bonus he is sure to get.

https://badgerofhonor.com/2018/12/26/wisconsin-football-badgers-should-pursue-transfer-qb/

Just speculation on the writer's part but Buffalo QB Tyree Jackson has entered his name in the transfer portal and I want no part of him in the Big Ten. I watched this kid play a couple of times this season and he is legit. Perhaps the best NFL QB prospect I saw all season with Ben Rothlesberger at Miami of Ohio type size, mobility and arm strength. Let's hope this kid wakes up and realizes he should go straight to the NFL and collect that 1st round signing bonus he is sure to get.

https://badgerofhonor.com/2018/12/26/wisconsin-football-badgers-should-pursue-transfer-qb/
Wow. He'd be a big time transfer, as he's very talented. Didn't develop as I anticipated in 2018, but he's an NFL skill set.

If he is as talented as all that, he should declare for the NFL. That being said, entering the transfer portal increases his brand visibility and enhances his NFL buzz. The more fuss people make over him the better. None of us really add up to anything but look, suddenly he is a topic of discussion on a B1G message board. Other boards too, certainly Wisconsin's.
General managers have to play the political game of public opinion. Nobody wants to use a draft pick on a MAC QB nobody has heard of; but a guy everyone is talking about is different.
Kudos to the young man who has opened some doors by putting his name out there. Even if he stays in the MAC, people are paying more attention to him.

If he is as talented as all that, he should declare for the NFL. That being said, entering the transfer portal increases his brand visibility and enhances his NFL buzz. The more fuss people make over him the better. None of us really add up to anything but look, suddenly he is a topic of discussion on a B1G message board. Other boards too, certainly Wisconsin's.
General managers have to play the political game of public opinion. Nobody wants to use a draft pick on a MAC QB nobody has heard of; but a guy everyone is talking about is different.
Kudos to the young man who has opened some doors by putting his name out there. Even if he stays in the MAC, people are paying more attention to him.

Adding himself to the portal doesn't commit him to anything; simply keeps his options open while he considers whether to declare for the NFL, transfer to another school, or return to Buffalo.

Plenty of people have heard of Jackson. He's amongst the "toolsiest" QBs in college football at the moment, which is all the rage in the NFL right now.

Adding himself to the portal doesn't commit him to anything; simply keeps his options open while he considers whether to declare for the NFL, transfer to another school, or return to Buffalo.

Plenty of people have heard of Jackson. He's amongst the "toolsiest" QBs in college football at the moment, which is all the rage in the NFL right now.

What’s unique about this kid is how toolsie he is at his size. A very unique player and another two star underrecruited player out of Michigan.

I saw him vs. NIU and thought he still had work to do, but certainly a talent. All this moving around by quarterbacks is changing the game.

He could be scary at UW

He could be scary at UW

I agree. He is not a finished product yet but he plays at a pretty high level right now. If you surround him with a better supporting cast, look out. If I were D’Antonio, I’d be on the phone right now trying to get him to come home and play for MSU. Jackson would be scary at MSU with that WR group.

Reactions: ricko654321
I have a hard time seeing Dantonio ditch a senior, 3-year starting QB for a transfer, even though Jackson is quite talented. Given the dearth of QBs in this draft, if he's not inclined to stay at Buffalo, I think he'd be better off heading to the NFL and getting paid to be coached up.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
I have a hard time seeing Dantonio ditch a senior, 3-year starting QB for a transfer, even though Jackson is quite talented. Given the dearth of QBs in this draft, if he's not inclined to stay at Buffalo, I think he'd be better off heading to the NFL and getting paid to be coached up.

I also think he should go to the NFL. As far as MSU is concerned, Lewerke just has not gotten it done. He puts up stats but he doesn’t win enough games. If I were D’Antonio, I’d take Jackson in a heart beat.

I also think he should go to the NFL. As far as MSU is concerned, Lewerke just has not gotten it done. He puts up stats but he doesn’t win enough games. If I were D’Antonio, I’d take Jackson in a heart beat.
You know more about football than me but I’m not a fan of Jackson. Albeit, I only watched 4 Buffalo games but he did not impress. He has all the physical tools but makes some truly horrendous decisions. Did you see the strip sack he took in their bowl game when UB was only down 4? Appallingly bad

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT