ADVERTISEMENT

Lingchi

Palindrome

Jun 19, 2001
Lingchi, translated variously as the slow process, the lingering death, or slow slicing, and also known as death by a thousand cuts, was a form of torture and execution used in China from roughly 900 CE up until the practice ended around the early 1900s. It was also used in Vietnam, Korea, and in Evanston IL.

Lingchi, translated variously as the slow process, the lingering death, or slow slicing, and also known as death by a thousand cuts, was a form of torture and execution used in China from roughly 900 CE up until the practice ended around the early 1900s. It was also used in Vietnam, Korea, and in Evanston IL.
Truth.

Palindrome -- Maybe overlooked recent posts by you, but this is the first of yours I've seen in quite a while.

You have always been a favorite contributor (witness the above post). Hope you're doing well.

Reactions: DaCat
Palindrome -- Maybe overlooked recent posts by you, but this is the first of yours I've seen in quite a while.

You have always been a favorite contributor (witness the above post). Hope you're doing well.
Thanks for the nice words, WW. …The “doing well” part has been a kind of a struggle. Frau Doktor Palindrome died — I wore her down after 50 years together — and lots of things changed in the aftermath. But the Wildcats hoops fortunes don’t seem to change much. New guys, different names but eerily similar issues and results on the court. “The more things change, the more they stay the same”. Never quite understood that cliche. but I’ll go with it for now.

There was an on-air comment, during the 2nd half, along the lines oF “ So far NU has had 29 layup chances and made good on 12 of them.” I suppose that counts everything going in the general direction of the basket from near-point-blank-range — put backs, tip ins, bunnies off of turnovers, etc. "Forty-F——ing One percent on layups?" I scream, sprinting for a commode.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT