ADVERTISEMENT

Looked like Fitzball to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminder, Braun is winning with Fitz recruits. Fitz greatest attribute was his ability to convince talented football players to come to NU and play in front of a half empty stadium.

I think Braun is a really good coach. I just don’t know how he will recruit.
☝🏽This

Braun still has Fitz players and a new offense was introduced. I think the fact that there were no sacks and the running game was led by a really quick QB shows a huge difference from past years. From the Wright interview I saw, it appeared he got a bit excited when he got in the red zone and he took responsibility for not getting more points. But if he can get a little more poise, he will be good and the offense will gel more. Right now it is just potential but it’s a lot easier when you win that game for the players to be motivated to fix the mistakes.

Reactions: No Chores
You’re 0-2. Keep swinging though.
Yup - don’t believe your lying eyes…. It’s the theme of the current period…. Ignore what has been witnessed, read, reported… if it doesn’t fit the current narrative of the group controlling the environment, then it never happened. Wait for the replies from ppd saying ‘what?’ - gaslighting this post as another example of erasing factual history…

Oh don’t you worry, I will continue to bang the drum that there are allegedly players and coaches on the team that participated in hazing. No one seems to care which leads me to believe this was all a nothing burger.

Looking forward to your analysis of the QB/center exchange
Looking forward to your reporting of the details revealed in the sworn discovery and depositions. Even without leaks, they will end up being found as exhibits in the motion practice following discovery. Anyone TRULY obsessed with this portion of the story will be able to find the answers they seek eventually.

They were repeating what they were told by the whistleblower. And the summary report said the claims were “largely supported” by the evidence. Ok great, any info on the who, what, when? Zippo.

I am fully aware that we will likely never know what really happened. It’s just shocking to me that these events actually happened and no one seems to care to know who did it. Are we cheering on violent assaulters every Saturday? Who knows.
Lou referenced his own seperate sources beyond the whistleblower. When I get on the ground, I’ll do a little research for you

Reactions: CMcCat
What you have to realize is that some of this stuff definitely happened. But the question is was there abuse of players perpetrated on them against their will? I know players, who have told me things like the Car Wash happened, but they walked by and did not participate and they were respected. But the point that continues to be made here, is if what happened is a fireable offense for Pat, why have there not been players implicated in these offenses? It's a fair question, that certainly casts a shadow on all of the "reporting" on these matters. Where are the Woodward and Bernsteins? No names? No perpetrators? Two investigations paid for by the University? Just allegations of wrongdoing? Sorry, no Pulitzers being handed out here, and I don't see any of these articles as particularly helpful.
Reporting ain’t what it used to be. No longer independent.

Lou referenced his own seperate sources beyond the whistleblower. When I get on the ground, I’ll do a little research for you
I’m not really interested in who the source or sources are. I am interested in what the school is doing/going to do to the people who committed these acts. Get back to me when you have some info on that.

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
What you have to realize is that some of this stuff definitely happened. But the question is was there abuse of players perpetrated on them against their will? I know players, who have told me things like the Car Wash happened, but they walked by and did not participate and they were respected. But the point that continues to be made here, is if what happened is a fireable offense for Pat, why have there not been players implicated in these offenses? It's a fair question, that certainly casts a shadow on all of the "reporting" on these matters. Where are the Woodward and Bernsteins? No names? No perpetrators? Two investigations paid for by the University? Just allegations of wrongdoing? Sorry, no Pulitzers being handed out here, and I don't see any of these articles as particularly helpful.
This is the question. There is no doubt hazing occurred (as it does on every sports team everywhere). My daughter’s HS football team forces all the freshman to shave their heads before start of season. Sounds like hazing to me.

The question is how far did it go and was it forced? Were the Players doing naked push-ups forced to do it or was it in fun? I have no idea but it makes a big difference.

Again, if these acts were so egregious to fire the winningest coach in school history, then the school should be investigating who committed the acts.

Why are you such a Fitz apologist? JON had no record of being a successful DC at any level of the game. His record in the NFL was worse than anyone who didn’t have a record because of how god awful his defenses were and how they underperformed each time he took over relative to before he arrived. His putrid performance at NU could have been and was predicted by some. And Fitz made a decision that he was the wrong guy fairly quickly? Guys lose their jobs after a game like our first game under JON. We went two years with that fool. Quickly my foot.
Without making any value judgement between their two styles, I don’t see a ton in common personality wise between Fitz and Braun TBH. I think they are somewhat similar football guys in terms of both being front 7 defensive guys who both favor tough and physical defense. I think Braun also clearly shares Fitz’ attitudes about high integrity players and a family environment. Both are family men. But beyond that they’re not that similar.

So we don’t want braun to take the cats to 2 BIG championship games and become the all time winningest coach in school history?
We don't want Braun to turn in 2-3 win seasons with a talented roster, make one of the worst nepotism hires in college football, refuse to change his outdated offensive philosophy (resulting in one of the consistently worst offenses in the country), and place himself above any and all criticism or accountability.

This is the question. There is no doubt hazing occurred (as it does on every sports team everywhere). My daughter’s HS football team forces all the freshman to shave their heads before start of season. Sounds like hazing to me.

The question is how far did it go and was it forced? Were the Players doing naked push-ups forced to do it or was it in fun? I have no idea but it makes a big difference.

Again, if these acts were so egregious to fire the winningest coach in school history, then the school should be investigating who committed the acts.

Motivation Success GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Looking forward to your reporting of the details revealed in the sworn discovery and depositions. Even without leaks, they will end up being found as exhibits in the motion practice following discovery. Anyone TRULY obsessed with this portion of the story will be able to find the answers they seek eventually.
What discovery and depositions? Do you know what written discovery has been served and what depositions have been taken. If so, please enlighten us.

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
Why are you such a Fitz apologist? JON had no record of being a successful DC at any level of the game. His record in the NFL was worse than anyone who didn’t have a record because of how god awful his defenses were and how they underperformed each time he took over relative to before he arrived. His putrid performance at NU could have been and was predicted by some. And Fitz made a decision that he was the wrong guy fairly quickly? Guys lose their jobs after a game like our first game under JON. We went two years with that fool. Quickly my foot.
No where did I say that Fitz was right. I did say that for Fitz, he was not just a buddy hire. That he (Fitz)had a set of reasons for the hire that made sense to him. For example, we have seen reports on this board of how certain recruits were impressed with how he showed them of how they would fit and compared NFL players to them and the role he envisioned for them At least a couple of our high profile recruits it worked to get them here. That was not the only reason but it was a big one. As for him making the decision fairly quickly, he was gone after 2 years, Fitz likely saw the problems first year but felt he deserved an opportunity to correct it. Reasonable when you uprooted a family to move them here and keeping with the Fitz reputation. You might not like it but do people want to work for someone that is that quick to change?

Reactions: FeralFelidae

Guess that whole zero tolerance thing was more BS then…

Reactions: phatcat
No where did I say that Fitz was right. I did say that for Fitz, he was not just a buddy hire. That he (Fitz)had a set of reasons for the hire that made sense to him. For example, we have seen reports on this board of how certain recruits were impressed with how he showed them of how they would fit and compared NFL players to them and the role he envisioned for them At least a couple of our high profile recruits it worked to get them here. That was not the only reason but it was a big one. As for him making the decision fairly quickly, he was gone after 2 years, Fitz likely saw the problems first year but felt he deserved an opportunity to correct it. Reasonable when you uprooted a family to move them here and keeping with the Fitz reputation. You might not like it but do people want to work for someone that is that quick to change?
JON was pretty obviously incompetent from literally his first play. It took us some time to learn this from the outside, but he was completely and utterly incapable of coordinating a defense with even basic competencies like getting aligned properly, much less installing basic read keys. As anybody on any field should know, this complete lack of competence for a position should be pretty quickly identifiable to any leader in an organization. Fitz should have noticed this quickly and acted quickly. JON shouldn’t have made it through his first season, much less been given a second.

What discovery and depositions? Do you know what written discovery has been served and what depositions have been taken. If so, please enlighten us.
No NC, I don’t. But how many of these have been dismissed in motion practice? I realize your experience is different, but I saw little pre-discovery / post pleading settlements. I suppose you believe the cook county judges have gone soft and told the litigants to take some time and look at options following the pre-pleading motion practice? Is that how they run the law division these days?

If not, NC, please tell the class what typically follows pleadings in the very next status hearing…. I’ll give you a hint - there are lots of dates written on the order…

Someone should do some reporting on what kept McG clean of the “hazing” taint. I wonder if his potential was understood and he was kept clear of the damage that befell others from perceived association with the scandal.
Well, were any of the coaches other than Fitz initially fired or reprimanded? Were they even held accountable for failing to report anything that they saw? Gotta think that NU would have a lotta liability if they kept anyone that was involved in any way... So you gotta ask yourself. If no other coach had anything to do with such events and none failed to report and there appears to be no evidence of Fitz being made aware of such events. So with all of that, how did we get where we are?

Last edited:
Reactions: FeralFelidae
Well, were any of the coaches other than Fitz initially fired or reprimanded? Were they even held accountable for failing to report anything that they saw? Gotta think that NU would have a lotta liability if they kept anyone that was involved in any way... So you gotta ask yourself. If no other coach had anything to do with such events and none failed to report and there appears to be no evidence of Fitz being made aware of such events. So with all of that, how did we get where we are?
I think we got to where we are because Job One at NU was to get the stadium done to open up a massive new revenue stream. So make the hazing accusations go away as quickly as possible. When a two week suspension fails and the faculty might rise up against football which is the entry point for the new stadium, fire the coach. Make it go away before the stadium vote. Keep Gragg until he can get the stadium passed through City Council. Do what we need to do to get the stadium done. The stadium is Job One. Let the lawsuits drag out until everyone forgets. There is no longer a Chicago Tribune sports section. No more Sun-Times reporters to poke around. Get the stadium done. We need that revenue.

And here we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT