ADVERTISEMENT

Love my Cat's family.

CatsDad

Jun 18, 2015
I wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate you all. When you go through recruiting every coach talks about family. I could not be more pleased than to know my son is at Northwestern . Coach Fitz text me prayers , Coach Bates text me from Mexico , Coach Hooten text me several times, Coach Bowers text me . They all reached out to Jango. This is a coaching staff that is on vacation and took time from family to reach out to me.
I got prayers from Louie and many of you all. It was a very tough surgery , but honestly knowing you all, and the coaches have my son and genuinely care about him took so much stress off me. People talk about how poor our fan support is. But I look at fans like I do friends . I would much rather have one or two true loyal friends , than a bunch of fake ones. Northwestern has the best coaches , fans , players , and families . Our President and AD are first class also.
I have some healing to do . I have partial paralysis of my throat and right arm. But trust me , I will be with you all from game one, all the way to Lucas Oil Stadium . I have never missed my son on the field and I won't this season. Thank you all , and thank you Louie .

I wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate you all. When you go through recruiting every coach talks about family. I could not be more pleased than to know my son is at Northwestern . Coach Fitz text me prayers , Coach Bates text me from Mexico , Coach Hooten text me several times, Coach Bowers text me . They all reached out to Jango. This is a coaching staff that is on vacation and took time from family to reach out to me.
I got prayers from Louie and many of you all. It was a very tough surgery , but honestly knowing you all, and the coaches have my son and genuinely care about him took so much stress off me. People talk about how poor our fan support is. But I look at fans like I do friends . I would much rather have one or two true loyal friends , than a bunch of fake ones. Northwestern has the best coaches , fans , players , and families . Our President and AD are first class also.
I have some healing to do . I have partial paralysis of my throat and right arm. But trust me , I will be with you all from game one, all the way to Lucas Oil Stadium . I have never missed my son on the field and I won't this season. Thank you all , and thank you Louie .

Glad to hear you are doing great. Check the thread on the Rock. The first stage of recovery is when you start posting on the message board. The second stage will be when you want to argue about politics. The sign of a full recovery will be when you purchase my beverage. (you might have a good opportunity if you get your butt down to the Duke game. A bunch of us will probably be there, and we like to do barbecue) My biggest concern is that your girlfriend will spoil you so badly that you will be impossible to deal with. So be well, big dude, and have a speedy recovery.

Sorry to hear of your troubles, and I hope for a full recovery. Northwestern does have some dedicated alums, and I think the fact that the school has the second-highest endowment in the B1G despite having a much smaller enrollment than the rest of the conference schools speaks volumes about alumni support. I hope Jango and his classmates will keep us competitive in future years.

Sorry to hear of your troubles, and I hope for a full recovery. Northwestern does have some dedicated alums, and I think the fact that the school has the second-highest endowment in the B1G despite having a much smaller enrollment than the rest of the conference schools speaks volumes about alumni support. I hope Jango and his classmates will keep us competitive in future years.
I am pretty confident we will be very good.

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly

I wish you a rapid and complete recovery. Hang in there, spring football is just around the corner.

Best wishes for a quick and full recovery! I really enjoy your input and appreciate your passion for the program.

You have my prayers and best wishes for a full and rapid recovery. Thanks for sharing your challenges with us so we can walk through it with you. It's truly an honor.

My best wishes CatsDad...remember, one day at a time. Family, friends and attitude will see you through your recovery.

CatsDad, we met briefly last fall just after one of the unmentionable early season losses. It couldn't have been more than 2-3 minutes that we stood and talked, and at what was obviously not a happy moment. You impressed me, however, as a classy individual. You and your son are lucky to have each other, and I wish you the very best in your recovery.

CatsDad, we met when the team got off the bus for the Duke game, and I really enjoyed chatting with you. There is no doubt in my mind that you will make a full and complete recovery. I wish you well and will see you and Jango on September 2 when the team gets off the bus. Keep the faith!

Heal up, and be there when we crush the Suckeyes this fall.

We don't know each other - only online - but much love - you have valuable insight into the world of college football that is really compelling and appreciated. Its a complicated world out there for everyone, and we are lucky to be able to retreat into NU football for a few minutes a day to gripe about whatever. (that said --- we need to win the west this year)

Recover quickly

Honestly, the BEST thing about being a 'Cats fan is that it grows on you, sort of like a fine wine. You meet more and more AMAZING people over the years, and you'll get to know them even better. It is the start of a wonderful journey that will truly last for the rest of your life.

Speaking of which, I hope it is a long and a good one. Very best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
Honestly, the BEST thing about being a 'Cats fan is that it grows on you, sort of like a fine wine. You meet more and more AMAZING people over the years, and you'll get to know them even better. It is the start of a wonderful journey that will truly last for the rest of your life.

Speaking of which, I hope it is a long and a good one. Very best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Thank you very much. Introduce yourself to me at a game . I will be wearing Jango's Bowl jersey #50

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT