ADVERTISEMENT

LSU Offers Ellis Brooks

gocatsgo2003

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2006
That's going to make it a little harder to get his commitment (and maybe even one of his remaining official visits...):

I'm not sure LSU changes anything. Totally different type of place than NU or ND. Agree if we can get him on campus, he may come as so many of the prospects who do come on campus find out how good it is and come.

I'm not sure LSU changes anything. Totally different type of place than NU or ND. Agree if we can get him on campus, he may come as so many of the prospects who do come on campus find out how good it is and come.

This guy was originally committed to Duke but backed out shortly thereafter. I think he is torn between prioritizing academics or football. ND provides the perception of the best of both worlds but not sure if NU does the same in his eyes. If he decides to prioritize football ( I get the sense he might), then the Ole Miss and LSU offers he has received in the last month may matter.

This guy was originally committed to Duke but backed out shortly thereafter. I think he is torn between prioritizing academics or football. ND provides the perception of the best of both worlds but not sure if NU does the same in his eyes. If he decides to prioritize football ( I get the sense he might), then the Ole Miss and LSU offers he has received in the last month may matter.

None of those situations are likely to be stable over his 4-5 college career. Kelly is on his last legs at ND. Oregron (sp) feels like a stop gap unless he wins quickly. Ole Miss has been disappointing in recent years and has had some very questionable off the field incidents.

Again, we feel like a dark horse here, but if he visits at least " what he sees is what he will get". At any rate, I am glad we are focusing our last few openings on very strong players at positions of need versus taking a best available approach at a deeper position.

None of those situations are likely to be stable over his 4-5 college career. Kelly is on his last legs at ND. Oregron (sp) feels like a stop gap unless he wins quickly. Ole Miss has been disappointing in recent years and has had some very questionable off the field incidents.

Again, we feel like a dark horse here, but if he visits at least " what he sees is what he will get". At any rate, I am glad we are focusing our last few openings on very strong players at positions of need versus taking a best available approach at a deeper position.

You could be right. I think our chances improve dramatically if he actually takes his official to NU.

The Irish have hardly been the best on the football field the past couple of years. This year, they couldn't handle an MSU team that went 1-8 in conference with the only win against Rutgers.

The Irish have hardly been the best on the football field the past couple of years. This year, they couldn't handle an MSU team that went 1-8 in conference with the only win against Rutgers.

They're still Notre Dame.

Could this be a test of the wooing power of the new facility? I feel really good about the convergence of the bowl win, new facility, and favorable schedule next year.

Don't think we will really get all that much traction with the new facility until it's an actual, functioning building that recruits can walk through, watch practice in, see the meeting rooms, etc. Otherwise it's just a bunch of drawings on paper that don't get much "wow" factor.

Don't think we will really get all that much traction with the new facility until it's an actual, functioning building that recruits can walk through, watch practice in, see the meeting rooms, etc. Otherwise it's just a bunch of drawings on paper that don't get much "wow" factor.

I thought they were hoping to be in it by next season. Certainly it will be something to point at by then, No?

Per the official site (click here), completion is slated for summer of 2018... in time for the 2018 season, not 2017.
Oh, I was off by a year. I just remembered a thread where we talked about not changing facilities mid season. Guess we just have to win another bowl next year to bring it all together.:)

Oh, I was off by a year. I just remembered a thread where we talked about not changing facilities mid season. Guess we just have to win another bowl next year to bring it all together.:)

Besides Walker's departure, the timelines might actually match up even better for taking momentum through the 2018 season... though I suppose I should be a Debbie Downer and point out that the facility opening in summer 2018 will likely not pay dividends until the class of 2019 at the earliest.

But they can now see the hole in the ground so I would guess that it is more real that they will actually be able to use it. Add the renovation of WR and they can see that NU has a commitment to athletics that no one going before has been able to see. Just saying, seeing a smaller school spending close to $1/2 B on athletic facilities over about 3 years plus the set aside of very limited and valuable real estate when the past biggest expenditures were about $20 million shows a never before seen tangible commitment.

Last edited:
But they can now see the hole in the ground so I would guess that it is more real that they will actually be able to use it. Add the renovation of WR and they can see that NU has a commitment to athletics that no one going before has been able to see. Just saying, seeing a smaller school spending close to $1/2 B on athletic facilities over about 3 years plus the set aside of very limited and valuable real estate when the past biggest expenditures were about $20 million shows a never before seen tangible commitment.

Kids don't care about the $'s NU is spending. They want to see what is in it for them. Do they have LCD TVs at each locker? A waterfall? Juice bar? Steam room? Football players don't care any more about the WRA renovation than hoopsters care about the indoor football practice field.

Kids don't care about the $'s NU is spending. They want to see what is in it for them. Do they have LCD TVs at each locker? A waterfall? Juice bar? Steam room? Football players don't care any more about the WRA renovation than hoopsters care about the indoor football practice field.
No, they do not care about the actual amounts but when they see they are getting those things you mention.... They are a lot closer to seeing those things now than they ever were in the past

Besides Walker's departure, the timelines might actually match up even better for taking momentum through the 2018 season... though I suppose I should be a Debbie Downer and point out that the facility opening in summer 2018 will likely not pay dividends until the class of 2019 at the earliest.

You are right. but you're only being realistic not a downer IMO. We will not see a difference on the field until the first recruiting class, that actually benefits from the attractive new facility, is in it's second or third year.

Having said that, my hope is that that recruiting class will also be boosted by the evidence of a couple of good seasons and bowl wins. If the shell and plans of the facility are complete enough to show off promise during next season, a good season that is following a bowl win could pay recruiting dividends for the class of 2018 and 19. Some of those players will start contributing on the field in 2019 and 20.

Cat'sdad if you are reading this, did the proposed facility which Jango will likely get two years in have any attraction in recruiting?

It should be at least a framework by next season, right?

So...is the weekend Brooks comes the same weekend as NU traditionally has it's commitments all come to start to jell together?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT