ADVERTISEMENT

Marty

Catdude

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2001
Fitz's refusal to play Marty sooner yesterday is completely baffling and incredibly frustrating, especially given the precedent of 2019. That season Fitz waited until the last game to start Marty (and he played outstanding and led the team to their only Big 10 win) despite suffering through a historically bad offense the entire season. So instead of giving Marty a shot earlier, he stuck with Smith and Johnson and total offensive failure game after game. So why not give Marty an opportunity earlier to at least see what he could do because it truly could not have been worse.

But then Fitz repeated that exact mistake this year and I feel like he only went to Marty yesterday because Johnson played so horribly that he had no other choice. And Fitz still waited at least four or five possessions to make that change and probably should have made a change in the second half of the Indiana State game. The craziest part is that I feel like Fitz would have stuck with Johnson if he were simply bad and not unplayable. So of course Marty comes in yesterday and immediately and infinitely improves the offense. It's concerning how badly Fitz has misjudged the QB decision in two of the past three seasons.

If I'm Marty and the rest of the team, I'm wondering why it took so long to go to replace Johnson. It cost us the game yesterday but hopefully saved the season. And hopefully Marty is not seriously hurt and back next week and Fitz only wasted three games instead of 11 like in 2019.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News