ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland 29 - USC 28

Wow. I didn’t even follow that one after it was 21-7 at halftime. USC is faring poorly with the long travel away games - Minn, Mich and now Md. They have no more multi time zone trips at least.

These southern coaches just don't seem to be a fit for the LA/USC vibe and culture (basing that on Helton and Riley). Different brand of football out west. I don't see Riley lasting much longer, and something tells me Oklahoma would welcome him back next season with open arms.

Reactions: Jaguar 88
USC has lost 4 Big Ten games with a last minute score in each. That’s rough. Maybe not quite as bad as their record but certainly nowhere near as good as they hoped to be in the new B1G.

Maybe USC will go after Cignetti. Though he looks to be an East Coast guy.

Reactions: rmndcat
The travel is an issue. Teams need to travel at least two days early.
I think the teams are just gonna heat o learn to manage it better, but tbh the conference needs to help them some. USC going to the east coast doesn’t need to play the noon game, 9 am their time. An east coast team going to California doesn’t need to play an 8 PM game, etc

USC has lost 4 Big Ten games with a last minute score in each. That’s rough. Maybe not quite as bad as their record but certainly nowhere near as good as they hoped to be in the new B1G.

Maybe USC will go after Cignetti. Though he looks to be an East Coast guy.
Shoot, we might need to make a play for Cignetti at some point if the Braun era doesn't work out. The inconsistency of play stems from poor coaching. I know we are lacking in the talent area as well, but damn, there is no consistency at all with regards to the offense. We have spats of productive play, then we suck. I was hoping for an innovative offense that would bring in better talent. Not seeing it thus far. i know we have to give the fellas more time, but not impressed thus far. Hopefully another season or two they will get things straight.

These southern coaches just don't seem to be a fit for the LA/USC vibe and culture (basing that on Helton and Riley). Different brand of football out west. I don't see Riley lasting much longer, and something tells me Oklahoma would welcome him back next season with open arms.
Uh they absolutely would not. They hate the guy

Shoot, we might need to make a play for Cignetti at some point if the Braun era doesn't work out. The inconsistency of play stems from poor coaching. I know we are lacking in the talent area as well, but damn, there is no consistency at all with regards to the offense. We have spats of productive play, then we suck. I was hoping for an innovative offense that would bring in better talent. Not seeing it thus far. i know we have to give the fellas more time, but not impressed thus far. Hopefully another season or two they will get things straight.
Inconsistency is what happens when you have a very young qb, a very badly injured and poor O line, and outside WRs who don’t threaten anybody

A buddy of mine has been a huge trash talking USC homer for ever and I've been enjoying his B1G results so far.

Reactions: rmndcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT