ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland giving Texas the business

Maryland also scored a TD on a blocked FG return. How weird is that? Maryland looks much more physical so far.

Maryland must have 5-6 injuries on their D, it may cost them the win. A real serious injury now.

Freshman QB Kasim Hill, who was heavily recruited by NU, comes in late in the game and has made some big plays. Another Kid heavily recruited by NU, Philly WR DJ Moore, has also had a very nice game for Maryland.

Huge win for Maryland, did the conference proud. Love the subplot that the former Michigan DC beat the former Ohio State OC.

I'm heading back to DC for the Maryland game, which I was very much expecting to be a win...

Texas played just terrbly, particularly on defense. Very similar to Nebby tonight, actually, but because Nebby played an inferior team, they got the win (barely).

Maryland hit quick openers all day, just like Nevada early on. Godwin's ankle tap tackle may have saved the game

Reactions: DaCat
Freshman QB Kasim Hill, who was heavily recruited by NU, comes in late in the game and has made some big plays. Another Kid heavily recruited by NU, Philly WR DJ Moore, has also had a very nice game for Maryland.

Too bad NU missed on Hill. He already looks comfortable at this level as a true frosh and will only get better.

Or maybe Texas is overrated and simply not very good. We'll see.
I don't see any doubt they were over-rated. This should be corrected today. Recruiting classes + Hermann-hype put them in the Top 25. Everyone getting to see them actually play should cause them to plummet.

NU had a good Texas day yesterday IMO. I know I obsess with little details but we do pretty well in Texas recruiting.
1) I think coming out of the tunnel with the Texas flag was classy and smart. Not one Texan was offended and a couple might have had a tear at the honor. The Texans on the team didn't miss the point that is for sure.
2) A B1G team beat Texas. I don't care if it is an off year, anyone who is a football fan in Texas knows the outcome of that game. They maybe didn't like it, but NU scores some reputation points by association w.o. making any enemies.

Texas has a lot of talent and NU is doing well there.

All I know is that if Lagow and his receivers play all season like they did against OSU in the first half, and Maryland plays like they did against Texas in Conference play, getting out of the Big 10 East unscathed is going to be tough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT