ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland v Texas... where are the fans???

scru

Sep 4, 2005
That place is ridiculously empty. I thought Texas traveled?

Looks like half the Maryland team has had a rushing attempt today. I think there have been a dozen different ball carriers. Never seen so many in a game that wasn't a blowout.

Brady Quinn just said “These guys don’t get paid enough.” Except he was referring to the officials.

That place is ridiculously empty. I thought Texas traveled?
Check out the stones on Maryland though. They come out with an offseason from hell, pay a touching tribute to their fallen teammate & brother, play in front of maybe a thousand fans, and pull off an upset victory over #25 Texas.

Hill still looks like a stud QB after his injury. Maybe they’re the true dark horse in the Big Ten.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Check out the stones on Maryland though. They come out with an offseason from hell, play in front of maybe a thousand fans, and pull off an upset victory over #25 Texas.

Hill still looks like a stud QB after his injury. Maybe they’re the true dark horse in the Big Ten.

This.

If I'm the powers that be at Maryland I'm giving serious consideration to offering Canada the HC gig on a full time basis.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
I suspect that all the preseason crap that went on at Maryland didn't help attendance plus they haven't had a lot of success in recent years. Durkin, despite apparently being an a-hole, got some good players to that campus. If Maryland is smart, which they certainly haven't been recently, they might just let him travel and let Canada coach up the players. That was a great effort by those players given all that has gone on. Also looked like a typically overrated Texas team. We'll see.

I suspect that all the preseason crap that went on at Maryland didn't help attendance plus they haven't had a lot of success in recent years. Durkin, despite apparently being an a-hole, got some good players to that campus. If Maryland is smart, which they certainly haven't been recently, they might just let him travel and let Canada coach up the players. That was a great effort by those players given all that has gone on. Also looked like a typically overrated Texas team. We'll see.

Yeah.tough to judge since Texas played terribly. No way were they a top-25 team in any way shape or form (what in the world was that punt? defense out of position a lot, bad coaching, boatload of penalties, turnovers etc. etc.) Thought Purdue actually played much better than Texas...

Just saw this amazing stat:

Maryland has 5 FBS wins since 10/21/16 Two of them are against Texas.
Kansas, has one (1!) win against an FBS team since 11/1/14 (wow, and I thought the lolIllini were bad....) Guess who that one win was against?

Texas, ladies and gentlemen....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT