ADVERTISEMENT

Are we a lock

Chicago State is such an anchor on our profile and we came close but didn’t beat the better teams on the road … but I still agree we should be in no matter what happens tomorrow.

Even if NU is not a lock (and they are), there are so many teams between their resume and the real bubble that it's virtually impossible for them to fall at this late date.

The only thing preventing NU from being selected from the tourney is if the committee just hates them, and there's no indication that that is true.

That big Maryland W over Rutgers bumped Maryland's NET up to 72. The Cats' 2 wins over MD are now Q1 (away) and Q2 (home). Win or lose, it's unlikely that Maryland's game against Wisconsin drops their net down below 75.

Reactions: macarthur31
That big Maryland W over Rutgers bumped Maryland's NET up to 72. The Cats' 2 wins over MD are now Q1 (away) and Q2 (home). Win or lose, it's unlikely that Maryland's game against Wisconsin drops their net down below 75.
Yeah, excited about that. So if Northwestern beats Wisconsin tomorrow, that could be another Quad 1 win as well, but hopefully that won't drop Maryland below 75.

And of course, none of that REALLY matters, because NU is a lock, but I want to get up to the seventh seed, and every data point counts.

Reactions: Baz=Heisman
The Athletic's designations err on the side of caution. I haven't read anything suggesting that NU needs to win Friday. I'm wondering if a Big Ten team has ever finished third in the conference and didn't make the tournament.

Yeah, excited about that. So if Northwestern beats Wisconsin tomorrow, that could be another Quad 1 win as well, but hopefully that won't drop Maryland below 75.

And of course, none of that REALLY matters, because NU is a lock, but I want to get up to the seventh seed, and every data point counts.
MD not going be above 75 after this sorry performance.

Reactions: phatcat
Other developments so far today:
Mississippi St. won. Likely in.
Michigan St. won. Near lock.
Richmond lost. Removes a strong bid stealer.
Seton Hall v. St. John's: St. John's won...they are alive. Seton Hall is on the bubble.
Pitt v. Wake Forest. Pitt won...they are alive and probably need to win at least 1 more. Wake Forest is done.

The only way we're not a lock is if the committee only ranks teams based on their NET ranking and completely ignores Q1 and Q2 records. From anything I've ever seen, the committee places a large emphasis on quality wins.

We are in 88 of 92 possible brackets tracked by BracketMatrix.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT