ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe they should have a statue of JoePa

I'm guessing Schiano and Bradley will be out of jobs real soon

after all, he stood around and did nothing/said nothing

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sandusky-accuser-testifies-he-told-joe-paterno-of-abuse-in-1976-145242982.html
Accuser claims Joe Paterno brushed aside allegations of abuse against Sandusky
This is interesting timing in that there has been more noise recently about just moving on, bring back the statue.
I felt it was terrible that the NCAA rescinded so much of it's penalty against PSU. There are limits to what can be done about it now but forgive and forget is not an option.

Last edited:
Interestingly, our other black-sheep brother, dOSU has been generally pretty quiet about the punishment for 'trinkets for tats'. some of the results were the same: revered coach resigns in disgrace, probation, vacated victories etc.

To me, the main differences are a) PSU hired a real interim coach and the buckeyes hired Happy Gilmore 2) the buckeyes hired a real permanent coach and psu hired the equivalent of Happy Gilmore. 3) the length/depth of the original sanctions.

Oh yeah, and PSU's team obstructed justice and concealed a child rapist for decades. So, there's that.

I am not sure what sickens me more: Joe Pa's actions or Penn State's response to events once it all went public. But I guess they are different sides of the same coin.

I really, really want PSU to get the death penalty for this, though I know it will never happen.

They should erect a statue with Joe with his back turned to Sandusky molesting a boy with the caption, "I have a season to worry about".

I've been pretty consistent until now about my wanting to separate what happened back in the day from the current team. Reading today, I have to admit I was wrong. Very wrong. We knew Paterno enabled Sandusky in the cause of winning football games. That was undeniable. The extent of the conspiracy to enable him shocked me and I don't know how I was so blind.

The amount of eyewitnesses to Sandusky's behavior leads me to believe that this was an open secret in the university and the larger State College community and no one said anything. No one. I was wrong. The whole place is rotten. They don't deserve a football team because they enabled a pedophile because they wanted to win football games. At least they have the coach they deserve now. (Borrowed that last line from GCG)

I've been pretty consistent until now about my wanting to separate what happened back in the day from the current team. Reading today, I have to admit I was wrong. Very wrong. We knew Paterno enabled Sandusky in the cause of winning football games. That was undeniable. The extent of the conspiracy to enable him shocked me and I don't know how I was so blind.

The amount of eyewitnesses to Sandusky's behavior leads me to believe that this was an open secret in the university and the larger State College community and no one said anything. No one. I was wrong. The whole place is rotten. They don't deserve a football team because they enabled a pedophile because they wanted to win football games. At least they have the coach they deserve now. (Borrowed that last line from GCG)

It was an open secret.

It was an open secret.
The parallels between this child rape scandal and the Catholic church child rape scandal as covered in the movie Spotlight are just shocking and very instructive. Everyone knew, or at least, everyone had reason to suspect, but everyone also had reason to ignore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT