ADVERTISEMENT

Mel Tucker just dismissed @ Spartan Stadium.

For a guy so innocent, sure taking his sweet time to prove it. There is a theory of mitigation in contract law that requires a plaintiff to minimize his damages. If I was representing NU and if there was liability, I would use that to try to cap damages. Sooner he vindicates himself, sooner he is hirable.

Now, if he isn’t innocent … then guess doesn’t matter how long he takes to bring it.
Jesus dude, give it a rest. Once you file a lawsuit, a lot of leverage is lost. My guess is that there are discussions involving both parties about what it will take to avoid a lawsuit. If those discussions don’t go anywhere, then the suit will be filed.

It could also be that he doesn’t want to file the suit during the season to distract from what the players he recruited and the coaches he hired are doing.

Jesus dude, give it a rest. Once you file a lawsuit, a lot of leverage is lost. My guess is that there are discussions involving both parties about what it will take to avoid a lawsuit. If those discussions don’t go anywhere, then the suit will be filed.

It could also be that he doesn’t want to file the suit during the season to distract from what the players he recruited and the coaches he hired are doing.
Its also possible Fitzgerald's attorneys are waiting, possibly a long time, for players to sue the school or him or whomever and see what NU has to say in court. NU is caught in the middle and cannot defend itself without partly defending Fitzgerald's program. If NU says to aggrieved former players "Well, why didn't you say something earlier - we had all these protocols in place..."

Could also be "statute of limitations" issues at play.

so this is how humanity ends...everyone so scared that any sexual activity could lead to litigation...we stop procreating.. the last human? an NU fan in his living room watching reruns of the 2023 NU- Minnesota game

so this is how humanity ends...everyone so scared that any sexual activity could lead to litigation...we stop procreating.. the last human? an NU fan in his living room watching reruns of the 2023 NU- Minnesota game
I'm not worried that will ever happen....

There will be a settlement and Bob knows that. Of course, he will twist that into guilty verdict, but as mentioned earlier “whatever”.

To be fair, there is no possibility that either

a) Mel jerkin’ it on the phone, or
b) some NU football players in masks grinding all up on some other football player not in a mask

could result in procreation.

So we’re safe, [redacted]

https://www.dailyherald.com/sports/...g-a-mega-million-lawsuit-against-northwestern

Are you going to put your money where your mouth is and take my bet? I'm not interested in your counter-bet; you're the one who keeps making this assertion but won't back it up.
Feral:

That story you linked is excellent. Thanks for finding and posting.
The whole bit about Charlie Mangieri at the end of the article is great.
Catches game winning TD pass, flashes a 5 and a 1 and then puts hands in shape of a heart.
That speaks volumes. I completely missed it on tv.

One quibble with the facts as presented...
Author wrote
"Fitzgerald and Phillips have most prominently denied knowledge of any of the alleged abuses."
I do not believe that is true.
I have only seen Fitzgerald say (repeatedly) that he was "unaware of any hazing in the program."
This (to me) is an important distinction, because Fitzgerald can (and may) argue that what has been alleged is not hazing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT