Meltdown begins in Hoosier Land

EvanstonCat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001

This gem: "I’d take Chris Collins as coach in a heartbeat
This IU program is dismal joke. Awful"

Too many threads to post, so I'll just leave the board link:

Hoosier Daddy!

Wonder what Archie Miller’s wife will say about this one ...

You guys won 3 games in the Big Ten last year. Have some class.

I'm doing my best. Take solace in the fact that I'm not going to your board to rub it in.

Whatever the reason, I do enjoy going to opponent boards and watching the reaction when the lose to us. The more they disrespect us, the more intense the reaction.

Honestly, it's not as fun when we win at football anymore, because they kind of expect us to win now. With hoops, and especially at basketball schools like IU and MSU, you guys just lose it. Then again, as weird as it may feel to you, I guess it looks like you guys should start get used to being a football school moving forward.

This gem: "I’d take Chris Collins as coach in a heartbeat
This IU program is dismal joke. Awful"

Too many threads to post, so I'll just leave the board link:

Hoosier Daddy!
Seems to me we had similar posts on this board after the Pitt loss

If you want to consider IU a blue blood program without Knight, it's pretty obvious Archie is not the kind of coach who can run a program at that level.

IU is on it's third post-Knight coach. That's a long shadow.

If you want to consider IU a blue blood program without Knight, it's pretty obvious Archie is not the kind of coach who can run a program at that level.

IU is on it's third post-Knight coach. That's a long shadow.

Actually, Miller is their fourth coach since Knight, fifth if you count Dan Dakich. They are a long time downstream from the glory years.

IU fans will be in a lot if pain when Trayce Jackson Davis leaves for NBA. Without his presence that includes rebounding and defense, IU is a very average team. Nance and Beran can step it up a notch and NU is a tourney team past the first weekend. Sorry Hoosier fans but this game got the Holiday week off to a good start for some long time Cats fans.

Reactions: drewjin and Rebel_
You guys won 3 games in the Big Ten last year. Have some class.

The meltdown thread is an innocent and welcome part of our "just" Northwestern identity as fans. Long suffering fans enjoying their day in the sun. Having some fun at nobody's expense. Nothing wrong with that. History tells us the fun won't last long. Maybe this time it will be different. And maybe not. So we enjoy it while we can.

The only lack of class is begrudging a loyal and long suffering few their moment by bringing up some painful history we are well aware of.

GOUNUII

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT