ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan State Night Games

jne381

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2013
Most of you probably don't have this on your radar, but since I live in Michigan and my wife is an MSU grad twice over, this has been a topic around here. MSU has had six night games so far this season, and they announce the MSU UM game is also going to be a night game (which is problematic for other reasons). That is seven night games so far this season, and there could potentially be more because some games have not been scheduled yet.

Fans are getting pissed, and I don't blame them. Anyone who has to travel any significant distance has a lot more logistical hoops to jump through. I had to sell my tickets to the two Northwestern night games because I just can't make that work between child care needs and travel.

I understand the need for networks to maximize revenue, but the Big Ten needed to put some guard rails to prevent something like this from happening. They have to spread it out over the whole conference. Seven or more night games in a season is ridiculous. Two or three in the regular season should be the max.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4IUSox2
Do the added night games also reflect non-Saturday games? I haven't studied it but I doubt any premium games are being scheduled for Friday night or any other non-traditional time. The MSU's (at least this year) and NU are prime for Friday nights.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT