ADVERTISEMENT

Reality is setting in (my vent)

NUChicago

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2001
The ghost of Strotz must be grinning ear to ear. I will say it is amazing what NU has accomplished with minimal institutional support. We have one heavy hitter donating the majority and building tremendous facilities, but that is about it. Here we go:

We lost three years with a terrible AD. And this was at the crossroads of massive changes in college athletics (NIL, portal, etc.)
We have a football coach hired by said terrible AD, that had no other options or ability to land a quality coach.
We have a president that probably cannot tell a softball from a baseball. His decision making skills are in question based on his approach to the Fritz firing and pending lawsuits.
The administration is counterproductive to athletic success, and shows no willingness to change their position.
The entire athletic landscape has changed and NU is very slow in anything they do, which will make that hole they have dug even deeper.
We seem like the type that are constructing malls in 1998. We will have a beautiful new stadium with a crap product to showcase. The factors above will influence our "product" and can make us obsolete in this new ear of college athletics.

I hope our new AD new what he was getting into as he has a monumental task and many factors working against him. NU needs to commit or just drop the act and move on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.