ADVERTISEMENT

MINNESOTA OFFICIALLY CANCELS

if we could play them at home I’d say yes. I think we would definitely beat them if we played our “typical” game, without multiple easy WR drops, unforced fumble at critical juncture, and even just our average DL/LB play against the run.

(although not seriously yes, because if we lost again then we would be at risk of losing the division to Io_a if we also lost to Illinois)

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
If we lost to MSU twice and lost to Illinois, we wouldn't deserve to go to the CGC.

if we could play them at home I’d say yes. I think we would definitely beat them if we played our “typical” game, without multiple easy WR drops, unforced fumble at critical juncture, and even just our average DL/LB play against the run.

(although not seriously yes, because if we lost again then we would be at risk of losing the division to Io_a if we also lost to Illinois)

So, let me get this straight: We're suggesting that we should play the team that just beat us, risk losing, and then possibly NEED to play Illinois to get to the Big Ten Championship game? Instead of just taking the bye week and being guaranteed to go? Why exactly?

So, let me get this straight: We're suggesting that we should play the team that just beat us, risk losing, and then possibly NEED to play Illinois to get to the Big Ten Championship game? Instead of just taking the bye week and being guaranteed to go? Why exactly?

To prove ourselves. Mulligan.

Didn't you ever see Tin Cup? Don't take the drop.

Reactions: rmndcat
I said at the bottom I’m not serious. If it didn’t affect our division title status at all I’d say why not.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Wouldn't that give NU the BIG West title? Wis not eligible, we have a game plus tiebreaker lead over Io*a. And we have enough games in. Or does it still depend on how many games get cancelled in next two weeks?

Effectively, yes, NU has won the West. There is only one scenario in which NU does not, and it's extremely unlikely:

1. Wisconsin plays and beats only one of Indiana or Iowa, and the other game is cancelled AND
2. NU plays and loses to Illinois AND
3. Every single other Big Ten game is cancelled.

In that scenario, and only that scenario, Wisconsin wins the division. There are other threads that break down the math behind this.

Simply put: the moment any Big Ten game other than Indiana/Wisconsin kicks off this weekend, we officially clinch the West.

Just want to kick ass, take names and redeem ourselves. Checkers...

Your logic is Chess. Screw Chess. Screw MSU. On second thought, let’s play chess.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT