ADVERTISEMENT

Minor League baseball peculiarity?

WildcatWillie

May 29, 2001
How often would it happen that two ex-Cats are starting pitching opponents in the same PCL game? According to the MILB site, Eric Jokisch and Luke Farrell are scheduled starters tomorrow afternoon for Nashville and Iowa, respectively. Perhaps they'll both throw no-hitters.

How often would it happen that two ex-Cats are starting pitching opponents in the same PCL game? According to the MILB site, Eric Jokisch and Luke Farrell are scheduled starters tomorrow afternoon for Nashville and Iowa, respectively. Perhaps they'll both throw no-hitters.
Even more peculiar is Nashville an Iowa playing in the Pacific Coast League......Iowa is the closest at about 2,000 miles from the ocean!

Well, the other choice in AAA baseball is the International League, which has 14 teams, all in the U.S.
Nope, the Mexican League is officially AAA. But all those teams are in Mexico. (Those teams don't have major league affiliation, though.)

According to the MILB site, Eric Jokisch and Luke Farrell are scheduled starters tomorrow afternoon for Nashville and Iowa, respectively.

Evidently today's game was postponed after all but the schedule suggests they keep the same pitching matchup tomorrow (Thur) evening.

Nope, the Mexican League is officially AAA. But all those teams are in Mexico. (Those teams don't have major league affiliation, though.)

Correct, I should have clarified with the affiliation point.

And yes, for anyone wondering, there have been at various times teams from Canada and one in Havana in the IL.

Correct, I should have clarified with the affiliation point.

And yes, for anyone wondering, there have been at various times teams from Canada and one in Havana in the IL.
I grew up in NJ and IL games were televised from Cuba before Castro

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT