ADVERTISEMENT

Mock Draft Roundup: another has both Skoronski and Tommy as 1st round picks

CatManTrue

Oct 4, 2008
NFL.com has Skoronski to the Titans at #11, and the Eagles nabbing Tommy at #23.

The Bears drafting an RB at #9 seems pretty foolhardy unless he’s the second coming of Walter Payton. But it’s the Bears, so who cares until they move to Arlington Heights and sell to the Ryan family.

It is crazy to think we could have two first round picks on a team that won only one Big Ten game this year. Glad our talent level is increasing but disappointed we are not taking advantage of it.

Reactions: peatymeanis
It is crazy to think we could have two first round picks on a team that won only one Big Ten game this year. Glad our talent level is increasing but disappointed we are not taking advantage of it.
Thinking back to the mid 00s when we had a defense ranked dead-last with Luis Castillo and Barry Cofield among others in the lineup...and then there was a change at DC...

Walter Camp’s Latest Draft projections are… interesting:

1st round: Skoronski (9th to Bears)
2nd round: Cam Mitchell (Bengals)
3rd round: Brandon Joseph (Browns)
3rd round: Adetomiwa (Tampa Bay)

I’d be surprised to see Tommy drafted after BJo but crazier things have happened.

It is funny to hear some pundit fixation on the length of Skor's arms. I guess if you slice and dice the historical data, a guy with arms that short have not amounted to much at OT. IMHO, the guy can flat out play tackle. As Jurko said, you rely on your feet to get into correct position to block, and Skor has GREAT feet. A lot like Slater in that regard.

The Bears are intriguing. I don't think Poles is foolish enough to draft Robinson at 9 with all of the glaring holes on that roster (for cripes' sake, they have one DT worth half a $hit on the roster right now). Good chance they trade down.

It is funny to hear some pundit fixation on the length of Skor's arms. I guess if you slice and dice the historical data, a guy with arms that short have not amounted to much at OT. IMHO, the guy can flat out play tackle. As Jurko said, you rely on your feet to get into correct position to block, and Skor has GREAT feet. A lot like Slater in that regard.

The Bears are intriguing. I don't think Poles is foolish enough to draft Robinson at 9 with all of the glaring holes on that roster (for cripes' sake, they have one DT worth half a $hit on the roster right now). Good chance they trade down.
The Bears should draft any blue chip players that fall to them at #9 - especially Carter, Skoronski, or any of the the other young premier linemen.

They need impact players at most positions, but they also got lucky that the Panthers are desperate. They may me able to trade back a few more spots and still pick up an impact lineman.

Here’s a mock with Skoronski #15 to the Jets, and Adebawore at #20, to Seattle. That’s the highest I’ve seen Tomi (and perhaps the lowest for Pete).

Both should make a lot of $ in the next 48 hours. Fingers crossed for Cam and Hull this weekend.

Last edited:
Reactions: mickbula and DaCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT