ADVERTISEMENT

Monday press conference notes

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Notre Dame game will kickoff at 6:15 or 6:30.

Fitz

Opening Statement

OPOW: Hanaoka
OBP: Bowser
DPOW: Chris Bergin
DBP: Hartage
STPOW: Joe Bergin

Mike Adamle is honorary captain.

Gotta play better all three phases for Wisconsin. Outstanding football team.

Q&A

Three RBs and what distinguishes each: Put guys in situation to succeed. Get all involved and see who took over. Mid game Chad played better, Isaiah later in the game. Ran behind pads, physically.

Redshirting RBs: Game by game. Proud of those three guys.

Kuhbander No. 2 this week.

What makes Joe Gaz who he is: Talented. Great football instincts, strengths. High football IQ. So productive. Great work ethic in weight room.

Gerak: Trying to find solutions at every position. Need to be more consistent. No one has taken it over yet. Three guys competing: JB played more consistent, Urban, Gerak. Gerak needs to get

Chris Bergin: Proud of all walkons. Chris has been outstanding. Didn't expect role at start of season. Brings it every single day. Not offering wrong guys. Guys emerge throughout country. Not a surprise. Weren't in place to get scholarship out of high school for this or that. Chris, Joe and Chad are three of a long list of guys I'm proud of.

Familiarity of Wisconsin vs. new regimes at Nebraska, Rutgers: Great consistency of Wisconsin. Don't surprise anyone. Comes back to execution. One-week season. You know how they attack and adjust their attack. Most do what they do, comes down to who does it better.

Consistency: My pedal is down. Need to play more consistency. My size 12 will be placed accordingly.

Stopping Taylor: Starts with their offensive line. They are dudes. Stick to system and do it really well. They know soft spots based on formation or front. They are really good.

Issues with offense: Inconsistent in execution of plays. On us at coaches. We're inconsistent at pretty much every position.

Thorson: Ranking 1 (best) -7 (worst), Thorson rated his performance on Saturday as a 7, the worst. He was ridiculous the week before.

Hanaoka: Was a video kid. Saw him working out and didn't know he was going out for team. Started calling him Ochocinco (Chad). He's been prepared. When I get older, he's going to be my doctor.

Did you expect him to play? No, didn't expect to down four running backs. Has to do with when you play teams too. Felt Nebraska and Rutgers were both playing better -- just were turning it over. They didn't turn it over against NU.

Fourth-down decisions big spike the last two years: I don't know. Emails from fans?

Inconsistency: Defense has been lights out. It's the offense. Challenged the offense to get it in gear. Wanna see a group getting better? RB room. Direct correlation in losing: turning the ball over, not playing well up front, not getting rid of the ball, dropping the ball.

Skowronek: Get injury report on Thursday. Unless Paul screws it up (he left Moten off last week).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News