ADVERTISEMENT

Most fun I have had in years

Purple Pile Driver

Gold Member
May 14, 2014
Anywhere but the Rant Board
I am enjoying the ugly wins more than the dominant wins. Maybe it is because I get to see the clown car pull up and apologize to the opposition, degrade our schedule, rip our Freshman 9-2 QB, pile on with statistical BS claiming we are lucky, and analyze plays of the OTHER team to show why we stink.

It was painful to read this board last year. Name calling and everyone coming off as an expert. I mistakenly thought winning would solve the negative approach. I was wrong, I gave more credit than I should have. I for one, am having as much fun this season as I can remember and part of it is watching the silly angst we read after every ugly win.

The fact is that some people will always fine a way to focus on the negatives instead of the positives. You come across them in all parts of life (work, sports, family, politics, etc.).

To each their own I suppose, but I don't personally understand it. This has been one of the most enjoyable seasons that I can remember. Our defense has been extremely fun to watch as I have confidence in every single one of our players. Sure, the offense has been frustrating to watch at times, but it seems some people would rather focus on the offensive issues rather than a defense that is probably one of the best in the history NU. To me, it's just sad.

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
This is a great season and I can't wait for the next two games.
Regarding the board: I have put a couple of people on ignore and it makes for a much better place.

Reactions: Noah121
I am enjoying the ugly wins more than the dominant wins.
I agree with your post wholeheartedly. But I refuse to even consider referring to a win against UW at Camp Randall as an "ugly" win. In retrospect, it was a total thing of beauty.

Even statistically. We not only had more points, we had more total yards and a better time of possession.

Add to that the utter domination and manhandling of their offensive line by our defensive line and Rembrandt could not have painted something as beautiful as that win. I agree that we have had some ugly wins (Purdue, Ball State) but I just want to make sure that no one is counting UW among them.

I love winning. I enjoy winning. This season has been great. I won't let some knuckleheads ruin it for me.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT