ADVERTISEMENT

Must win Saturday and next Saturday

Ohio State is the only game that’s probably a guaranteed L.

2-1 after EIU and then 4-5 after that isn’t hard to see. Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, Maryland, Iowa, Wisconsin and Washington all winnable. Michigan in Ann Arbor is obviously very tough but they are vulnerable this year.

Defense will keep us in a lot of games.

Uh, no. Yes, Ohio State and at Michigan are brutal and at Iowa will be very very challenging, but every other remaining game is very very winnable. Washington is the toughest remaining game outside those three, probably by a lot, and I don't think Washington is especially great.

Reactions: NUCat320
Uh, no. Yes, Ohio State and at Michigan are brutal and at Iowa will be very very challenging, but every other remaining game is very very winnable. Washington is the toughest remaining game outside those three, probably by a lot, and I don't think Washington is especially great.
What is the word on them? Washington...Are they any good this year? Seems like no one ever mentions them

Washington is expected to be a 6-6/7-5 team ala Duke so in theory we should be able to compete with semi-competent play at QB…

im not overly impressed with iowa

Reactions: No Chores
On one hand, going to Iowa City is never easy and our offense and their defense is a serious mismatch. On the other hand, **** Iowa, we beat their asses when they don’t think we should all the time, so why not.

Reactions: CatManTrue
We need to start 3-1 because the back half of the schedule is brutal.
Indiana put up 77 on Western Illinois so not so easy. IL just knocked off Kansas. A couple of the reasons why even 4 wins might be tough. Hope I am wrong

Reactions: No Chores
Hello?! We just replaced our grad student QB who, tho well traveled, had some starting experience for a sophomore who effectively played running back last year.

It’s officially a rebuilding year. Let’s downsize the expectations and root for good player development and everyone learning the systems.

We can’t afford a 2-10/3-9 etc year given how we got back positive momentum last year after 2 years of a nosedive. But especially now given the expanded conference. We need to go bowling again. 6-6 is fine but a bowl is a must. No excuses.

What is the word on them? Washington...Are they any good this year? Seems like no one ever mentions them
With the transfer portal and graduation, their new HC (Jedd Fisch) had a complete rebuild on his hands. So expectations going into this season weren't high for the Dawgs. But after two weeks they sit 2-0 vs. NU's 1-1, with convincing wins over Weber St. (FCS) and Eastern Michigan.

We'll see who the Huskies really are when the WSU Cougars come to Lumen Field (home of the Seahawks) this Saturday. Those teams do not like each other. 2-0 WSU handled Texas Tech (37-16) last weekend, but U-Dub is still (as of now) a 4.5 pt favorite. If the Huskies win convincingly, then NU fans better take a deep breath and hold on.

Really hope that Lausch is the answer that NU's Offense needs to give UW a game.

Reactions: mickbula
With the transfer portal and graduation, their new HC (Jedd Fisch) had a complete rebuild on his hands. So expectations going into this season weren't high for the Dawgs. But after two weeks they sit 2-0 vs. NU's 1-1, with convincing wins over Weber St. (FCS) and Eastern Michigan.

We'll see who the Huskies really are when the WSU Cougars come to Lumen Field (home of the Seahawks) this Saturday. Those teams do not like each other. 2-0 WSU handled Texas Tech (37-16) last weekend, but U-Dub is still (as of now) a 4.5 pt favorite. If the Huskies win convincingly, then NU fans better take a deep breath and hold on.

Really hope that Lausch is the answer that NU's Offense needs to give UW a game.
While Washington was totally rebuilding, we do know that they were a stable program and didn’t bleed a lot of the underlying talent out when DeBoer left. In addition to that, he brought over a dozen guys from his good Arizona squad with him and brought in an experienced and very successful starting QB. That’s all to say they should at least be a team in keeping with a recently strong Huskie tradition.

But given that they’ve proven nothing so far against a couple pushover teams, that’s not insurmountable. A great challenge in a tough and tremendous environment, yeah.

While Washington was totally rebuilding, we do know that they were a stable program and didn’t bleed a lot of the underlying talent out when DeBoer left. In addition to that, he brought over a dozen guys from his good Arizona squad with him and brought in an experienced and very successful starting QB. That’s all to say they should at least be a team in keeping with a recently strong Huskie tradition.

But given that they’ve proven nothing so far against a couple pushover teams, that’s not insurmountable. A great challenge in a tough and tremendous environment, yeah.
Yep. All good points. Like I said, though, lets see how they do against the 'Cougs.

Ohio State is the only game that’s probably a guaranteed L.

2-1 after EIU and then 4-5 after that isn’t hard to see. Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, Maryland, Iowa, Wisconsin and Washington all winnable. Michigan in Ann Arbor is obviously very tough but they are vulnerable this year.

Defense will keep us in a lot of games.
There are no guaranteed losses.

We have a chance against everyone. Including Ohio State. Which reminds me. I would be happy if we lost ever remaining game except one of that one were Ohio State.

Bring on the Schmucks!

We have to find 5 wins and we don’t have a lot of options. Assuming we beat Eastern Illinois, we have to have an offense for all the other chances.

Indiana, Purdue, Maryland, Illinois: Toss-up games we must win.

Iowa, Wisconsin: Tough games but if the offense improves, we may squeak out one upset victory

Washington, Ohio State, Michigan: Ohio Stare is elite. Michigan and Washington are a step below but that still puts them a few steps ahead of us, so these would be big upsets.

At this point, we have to just root for the team and hope they improve.

Reactions: Baz=Heisman

I am not following following your comment on Washington not bleeding out a ton of talent when DeBoer left. They lost over 30 transfers including several to Alabama. I saw somewhere that at one time they had just over 40 players on the roster. I think it will take awhile for them to jell. We get them at a near perfect time. I just hope they get a W this week and we face them while they are 3-0. I am not sure they will get that W this week.

I am not following following your comment on Washington not bleeding out a ton of talent when DeBoer left. They lost over 30 transfers including several to Alabama. I saw somewhere that at one time they had just over 40 players on the roster. I think it will take awhile for them to jell. We get them at a near perfect time. I just hope they get a W this week and we face them while they are 3-0. I am not sure they will get that W this week.
We will certainly learn a lot about them this week.

Reactions: Baz=Heisman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT