ADVERTISEMENT

My Gawd - State Penn Trustee craps bed (again)...

The_Waterboy

May 29, 2001
If this USA-Today online article isn't yet another bald-faced indictment on the institutionalized cuplability and blind arrogance of a particular State Penn football program supporter roaming within the highest offices of that esteemed university... then nothing is.

Buttheads one & all.

At least State Penn's Chairman of the Board of Trustees chimes-in with the totally milquetoast response: "Al Lord’s comments are personal and do not represent the opinions of the board or the university." Yeah, right! "As usual, the secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions."

You can clean the sheets, but the aroma lingers forever:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-state-trustee-running-out-sympathy/99826214/

Last edited:
If this USA-Today online article isn't yet another bald-faced indictment on the institutionalized cuplability and blind arrogance of a particular State Penn football program supporter roaming within the highest offices of that esteemed university... then nothing does.

Buttheads one & all.

At least the State Penn's Chairman of the Board of Trustees chimes-in with the caveat: "Al Lord’s comments are personal and do not represent the opinions of the board or the university." Yeah, right!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-state-trustee-running-out-sympathy/99826214/
Pond Scum!!!

A disgusting, sickening individual. Which I suppose makes him a suitable representative of that university.

I know many graduates of that university, and actually it does not.

I don't think it is remotely fair to put everyone associated with PSU in the same category. However, anyone taking a stance trying to defend the actions in this case, or criticizing victims, clearly has some seriously questionable morals.

I know many graduates of that university, and actually it does not.

Hopefully, someday, good people like the ones you know will be in control over there and will flush the remainder of this nonsense out.

I also know a lot PSU alums and they wouldn't all agree with Al Lord's statement. However, it is troubling that Al Lord and every other trustee voted on to the Board by the alums of Penn State have won elections to the Board only after receiving the endorsement of Penn Staters for Responsible Stewardship. This group's only reason for existence is to deny that anyone associated with Penn State other than Jerry Sandusky did anything wrong. They make the same outrageous arguments for denial that have been posted here in the past by PSU fans. There have been plenty of alumni candidates who actually are more concerned about education than football and who are not in a state of denial over Paterno, Curley, Shultz and Spanier. However, not one of these candidates have been elected to the designated alumni seats on the Board since the scandal. While I grew up supporting Penn State sports, that support has ended.

Reactions: chariots
This cackling ass is not just a fan but he is on the Board of Trustees He represents their best & brightest!! God, how I wish they were not in the BIG.

My daughter went to State Penn in her frosh year & walked onto their up-and-coming softball team and did VERY well. Although the softball HC completely exploited her and her talent (she ended-up going to St Francis of PA - 50 miles SW of Happy-Ending Valley - on a full schollie the following year), she steadfastly defends the Sandusky scandal with the standard untenable arguements that most State Penn administration, alumi & students have spewed far & wide since the punitive sanctions were levied on the football program. My response to her opinions on this matter has never wavered: the widespread denial by PSU fans & supporters regarding the Sandusky crimes against children committed while using football program facilities is nothing less than deep-seeded, mass delusional thinkling that reflects a university population whose collective heads are planted firmly up their moons. When this subject matter is broached between myself & my daughter, communication between us ceases for several days. Such a pervasive mindset to these crimes in the face of undeniable facts is all so very tragic and disturbing.

Last edited:
Well ok but the irony is, with Thorson and Jackson vs. McSorley and Barkley, Penn State will be NU's best home game.
And that's the point.... in the face of this, none of that matters! Get them out of the BIG and off our schedule, please!!

If this USA-Today online article isn't yet another bald-faced indictment on the institutionalized cuplability and blind arrogance of a particular State Penn football program supporter roaming within the highest offices of that esteemed university... then nothing is.

Buttheads one & all.

At least State Penn's Chairman of the Board of Trustees chimes-in with the totally milquetoast response: "Al Lord’s comments are personal and do not represent the opinions of the board or the university." Yeah, right! "As usual, the secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions."

The comments are pretty rich. There is one clown there, a Joe Pa devotee, who runs amok trying to defend Lord and PSU. He is getting hammered pretty well by the sane posters there.

The blind fealty to PSU and Joe Pa in the wake of this is, in many ways, more disgusting than the scandal itself. Sanduskey was a sick man, and we can all understand how institutions can fail. But any human being who defends PSU in the wake of it all suffers from horribly impaired judgement. At the very least, if you believe in PSU, you should just keep your mouth shut, or your words very measured, when discussing this in public.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT