ADVERTISEMENT

My own observations

zbag51

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2018
I am by no means an expert, but here goes:

1) The early penalties are inexcusable. Delay of game on the FIRST play of the game? Plus some false starts in the first half? Fitz prides himself on mistake free football, and this set the tone of the first half immediately out of the gate.
2) I always wanted Hunter to be great. But he doesn’t have the quick decisions or ability to deal with pressure. Unfortunately, we saw it’s time to move on.
3) Defense looked horrible again in the first half. Hank usually took one series to feel out the offense and see what they’d do, and often gave up yards but seldom TDs to start. This is 2 games out of 2 against P5 opponents where we gave up TD drives on the first two defensive possessions. Unacceptable.
4) Marty looked great until the fumble. Had moxie and looked ready to lead us to victory. Too bad we already had 4 TOs by the previous QB before the switch. And Marty’s TO when we had all the momentum was killer. Finish that drive and I think we go on to win.
5) Seriously hope Marty’s injury isn’t too serious, and hope he remains our QB.
6) Tyus looked tough in some good runs.
7) D stepped up in the second half, but too late.
8) I’ll be at Ryan Field every home game this season, can’t wait to see if we get better! Go Cats!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News