ADVERTISEMENT

My story on Oregon WR transfer Jalen Brown

Oregon wide receiver transfer Jalen Brown says the biggest difference at Northwestern is the family atmosphere.

Brown already feels like part of the family
bp00.png

Reactions: Windy City Cat Fan
Is it bad that I had to google brad paisley?

Good piece though, thanks for providing

I only know him because he made a surprise appearance at my daughter's high school graduation in June. I'm not a country music fan, but he's a very cool guy. He played a few songs and told some great stories. He's a very funny, down-to-earth dude. I still don't listen to his music, but I'm a big fan of the guy.

Definitely excited to see what he can bring to the team. Obviously not as highly touted as Prater (who was pretty disappointing) but I'm hopeful he can be a big part of the offense. It make sense why people are talking more about Nagel and Wilson heading into the season vs. Brown but if he's doing so well getting acclimated to the program, is there reason to believe he can be a big contributor this year?

I will choose to not learn from Prater and say I'm really optimistic. Seems like a great kid and is excited to be in Evanston. Happy to have him.

Definitely excited to see what he can bring to the team. Obviously not as highly touted as Prater (who was pretty disappointing) but I'm hopeful he can be a big part of the offense. It make sense why people are talking more about Nagel and Wilson heading into the season vs. Brown but if he's doing so well getting acclimated to the program, is there reason to believe he can be a big contributor this year?

I will choose to not learn from Prater and say I'm really optimistic. Seems like a great kid and is excited to be in Evanston. Happy to have him.

Yes. Based on what I'm hearing, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Brown ends up our leading receiver this season.

Reactions: MakeCatSense
I only know him because he made a surprise appearance at my daughter's high school graduation in June. I'm not a country music fan, but he's a very cool guy. He played a few songs and told some great stories. He's a very funny, down-to-earth dude. I still don't listen to his music, but I'm a big fan of the guy.
He's married to Kimberly Williams NU alum and actress

He's married to Kimberly Williams NU alum and actress

That is true. He was also the celebrity guest on College GameDay a couple years ago, when they were at TCU. He's a big college football fan.

Not a huge country fan either, but Brad Paisley is one of the best guitarists around these days and I'd say he's extremely popular and well-known haha

Oregon wide receiver transfer Jalen Brown says the biggest difference at Northwestern is the family atmosphere.

Brown already feels like part of the family
I'm starting to think that you graduated from Medill. Good story and funny "If Oregon is Jay-Z, Northwestern is more Brad Paisley."

What is your personal take on this kid? You think he can see the field this year or wait till next year?

I'm starting to think that you graduated from Medill. Good story and funny "If Oregon is Jay-Z, Northwestern is more Brad Paisley."

What is your personal take on this kid? You think he can see the field this year or wait till next year?

Are you serious or joking? He definitely graduated from Medill.

No need to bash Prater...his time in Evanston was beset by injuries. When healthy he showed glimpses of what could have been....none moreso than that glorious November day in South Bend for which I will be forever grateful.

No need to bash Prater...his time in Evanston was beset by injuries. When healthy he showed glimpses of what could have been....none moreso than that glorious November day in South Bend for which I will be forever grateful.
Completely agree. If you watched the video InsideNU did on him you'd be even more impressed. Great kid. Glad he came to NU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT