ADVERTISEMENT

MY THEORY OF EVERYTHING (the Big picture)

loyolacat

Gold Member
Oct 21, 2006
Warning (long with mixed analogies)
IN the college football universe...There are 4 types of planets.....4s. Constantly atop the football universe with all the intangibles to be there,,think Alabama, Ohio State...not very many of them......3.s Have the ability and history to rotate with the 4s but are not consistent Florida St., Michigan,,USC....but rarely ,rarely enter into the 2s........Then there are the 2s...respectable and if the stars align (scheduling , recruiting. good bounces) they can enter into the 3s orbit but the gravity of their specific situation pulls them back and then there are the 1s....almost constantly struggling to escape the gravity of their situation , hoping to feel the warmth of the sun just a little....and of course there is god...(TV and the powers that be) They like the 4s...keep hoping that one or two more 3s would rise...so they can get their marquee match ups and bring in the bread....and the 2s fill in blanks in their scheduling with hope of the upset...which can be exciting. So where is NU? they are an unusual 2 planet...they escape their situation to ride with the 3s but get bumped back, and sometime hard back to the 1.s......and exert huge amounts of energy to get back into the 2s and occasionally the 3s . And we know where we are now...We were a 3 with aspirations of not renting but OWNING a piece of real estate in the 3 neighborhood telling Michigan to get their leaves out of our yard. But we were evicted and seems that since 1995 we have been on our own ramble through the universe between the 3s, 2s and 1s... but with the least amount of time in the 1 orbit.

THE FACTORS to be a 3/4 1. Gotta have the cash...and I dont know if we do...where do we stand in the B10 in money spent on football....cuz this effects things like recruiting, scheduling, training etc....and yes we have built a great practice facility but I am talking year to year operating stuff....2. Gotta have the sizzle!...kids have to want to come here....and yes why wouldnt you want to come and get an NU degree and hang out in Chicago? dont know..what do the talented kids want? What is included in the sizzle? 3.Gotta have the facilities 4, Gotta have the Xs and Os 5. Consistently have to have the talent. what is it, that thing, that makes a recruit excited to go someplace....not oh this makes sense 6. Cant have god working against you....and I often feel like the media doesnt like us....they are all arraganst as.h.les who dont like to see an academic school do well.

HISTORY History tells us that NU can be a 3 .We have produced big seasons. We have developed NFL players at every position. We have filled the stadium for big games w the crowd mostly purple.. but history tells us that we struggle to maintain that consistency. We had some sizzle....We have Big10 titles....We have had top 10 finishes.....We are winning bowl games. But history also teaches us , in the past we have fallen off the pedestal

THIS YEAR...we ran into an asteroid belt.Knocking us out of our orbit with the 3 planets......New people at the controls,lost really good veterans..the training crew had to take control.....next year the transition is over.....enough time for the new coaches will have their recruits,,their system a year or two of experience....time for new player leadership to take control....I think these last two games will tell us a lot.

ETC.s was really discouraged to see what looked like a lack of enthusiasm in the UW game.....always wonder how the team feels when we have small turn outs at games...Is Fitz feeling worn out? and having to take on a lot more than just coaching?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News