ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA study on Hoops Transfers - 40% transfer

under CCC we have had:
vasser - undergrad - didn't leave to play. finished NU degree. 5th year grad transfer
brown - transferred for playing reasons
ri. - transferred to academic school and for playing

falzon - graduated - 5th year player with injuries
ash - graduated - 5th year player with injuries

benson - graduated - anomoly as a 3 year graduate - leaving for playing reasons.

seems like NU is well within the norm. would love to see the numbers on kids leaving power 5 to go lower, kids leaving lower to go power 5, and then same with the grad situation.

under CCC we have had:
vasser - undergrad - didn't leave to play. finished NU degree. 5th year grad transfer
brown - transferred for playing reasons
ri. - transferred to academic school and for playing

falzon - graduated - 5th year player with injuries
ash - graduated - 5th year player with injuries

benson - graduated - anomoly as a 3 year graduate - leaving for playing reasons.

seems like NU is well within the norm. would love to see the numbers on kids leaving power 5 to go lower, kids leaving lower to go power 5, and then same with the grad situation.
Excellent post! These kids love the game,over academics! I know the feeling! I started as a true frosh at NU, where I lettered, while pulling. 3.0 average. Yet I wanted to transfer! Why? The grass is greener on the other side. Just like most of these transfers,my identify was in sports, not academics! Wait till you are 40 years old! Too painful to run up and down the hoops court! Especially if you are 6 foot eight inches! I wouldn’t go on a wrestling mat past age 26! Get your limbs torn out!

Excellent post! These kids love the game,over academics! I know the feeling! I started as a true frosh at NU, where I lettered, while pulling. 3.0 average. Yet I wanted to transfer! Why? The grass is greener on the other side. Just like most of these transfers,my identify was in sports, not academics! Wait till you are 40 years old! Too painful to run up and down the hoops court! Especially if you are 6 foot eight inches! I wouldn’t go on a wrestling mat past age 26! Get your limbs torn out!

Well a lot of these NU transfers got their degree so not sure they don't care about academics. But I agree that when you are playing big ten level sports, particularly revenue sports, your identity is going to be as an athlete.

Reactions: Titanium999
Well a lot of these NU transfers got their degree so not sure they don't care about academics. But I agree that when you are playing big ten level sports, particularly revenue sports, your identity is going to be as an athlete.
They want more playing time. Basketball is very stressful on the joints. Risk reward.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT