ADVERTISEMENT

NCAAs or Bust!

EvanstonCat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
No, I don't think we can get in on the basis of wins and losses this year. Not when you have no OOC good wins, and the bad losses we have, and the schedule to come.

But, dammit, we still have the B1G Tourney. And if we get our shit together before then, this somewhere under all the craptastism that we are witnessing thus far is a team that had Gonzaga on the ropes before that BS goaltending no-call (and subsequent CCC technical).

I just know it. You gotta believe!

is a team that had Gonzaga on the ropes before that BS goaltending no-call (and subsequent CCC technical).!
Actually, it isn't. That team had Tap hit two massive 3's to pull the Cats close. Tap and Sanjay are gone now. This team lost to a craptastic Georgia Tech team when it couldn't defend a simple end of game play. Love your optimism though......

Actually, it isn't. That team had Tap hit two massive 3's to pull the Cats close. Tap and Sanjay are gone now. This team lost to a craptastic Georgia Tech team when it couldn't defend a simple end of game play. Love your optimism though......
Yeah, about as likely as walk-on QB's starting. It happens every once in awhile, real fans believe and want it more though.

Reactions: NJCat
Well I’m saying this. So many Northwestern people are either on the wagon or off. Well get on because those guys need you as much as they need each other. You didn’t have anything until last year. They will straighten this out. I know they will because I believe in Coach and damn well believe in those guys. Go Cats.

Well I’m saying this. So many Northwestern people are either on the wagon or off. Well get on because those guys need you as much as they need each other. You didn’t have anything until last year. They will straighten this out. I know they will because I believe in Coach and damn well believe in those guys. Go Cats.
Collins will get it fixed.....next season.

That "craptistic" Georgia Tech team beat #15 Miami and is ranked higher in KenPom that that Rutgers team you've been touting....

That "craptistic" Georgia Tech team beat #15 Miami and is ranked higher in KenPom that that Rutgers team you've been touting....
You realize of course that Tech now has their best player back, Josh Okogie, who went off for 30 against Miami.....he was still suspended when NU lost to the then craptastic Jackets.....and even with the win over Miami they are still 117 in your favorite Kenpom ranking.....

You realize of course that Tech now has their best player back, Josh Okogie, who went off for 30 against Miami.....he was still suspended when NU lost to the then craptastic Jackets.....and even with the win over Miami they are still 117 in your favorite Kenpom ranking.....

You: Tech is craptisitc
Me: Maybe they're not
You: OK, they were craptatsic THEN but not now...
Me: Uh, OK...

KenPom still higher than your "don't sleep on" Rutgers team tho.

You: Tech is craptisitc
Me: Maybe they're not
You: OK, they were craptatsic THEN but not now...
Me: Uh, OK...

KenPom still higher than your "don't sleep on" Rutgers team tho.
They were craptastic when we played them.

Agree to disagree I guess. I though they played OK; better than Illinois when we beat them, actually.
They = G-Tech, not us. G-Tech was awful, added their best player and now are not so awful, so comparing G-Tech before and after adding best player doesn't make sense.

Reactions: NJCat
The following teams had a better offensive output against GT than we did:

Grambling
Bethune Cookman
UT Rio Grande Valley
Coppin St
Yale
Wofford
Wright St

We were craptastic.

The following teams had a better offensive output against GT than we did:

Grambling
Bethune Cookman
UT Rio Grande Valley
Coppin St
Yale
Wofford
Wright St

We were craptastic.

Again, I stand by my statement. Coming into our game, GT was 3-1 with only a 3 point loss to UCLA in a game that I watched; both teams played well. And GT had a comparable KenPom to us at the time.

Teams get better and worse in CBB all the time; do you think we are the same team now as the one who nearly beat Purdue on the road? I though the game between GT and us was not a terrible game, particularly defensively; it was better than the Illinois game, imo, and light-year betters than our game vs. Nebby. GT is truly an enigma of a team, their best player cannot possibly have meant the difference between losing to one of the worst teams in the country (Grambling) and beating one of the best (Miami), but it was. To say that GT played at the same level as they played vs. Miami vs us is hyperbole, but to say that they played at the same level vs. us that they did vs. Grambling is equal hyperbole. It is why transitive property is utterly useless.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT