ADVERTISEMENT

ND fan coming to Ryan Field

irish4life888

Sep 20, 2009
Hello everyone, looking for advice.

Looking to make an impromptu trip to see the game this Saturday. I'm in SW Michigan taking the train to millinnium station then catching the L to Northwestern. I'll be coming by myself and wondering about scoring a ticket outside the stadium. Do they allow that and what are the chances of getting one? Also any suggestions for checking out the campus, tailgating, or local pubs would be appreciated

Yes, you can buy a ticket outside the stadium from any number of scalpers.

However, why not just buy a ticket on StubHub?

Here are the listings for single tickets. Prices will likely go slightly lower by, say, mid-day Friday, and you will get a better selection and price than you will outside the stadium. It's not 1995 anymore - no need to scalp from a human being.

https://www.stubhub.com/northwester...0469/?sort=price+asc&qty=1&priceWithFees=true

Reactions: zeek55
Yes, you can buy a ticket outside the stadium from any number of scalpers.

However, why not just buy a ticket on StubHub?

Here are the listings for single tickets. Prices will likely go slightly lower by, say, mid-day Friday, and you will get a better selection and price than you will outside the stadium. It's not 1995 anymore - no need to scalp from a human being.

https://www.stubhub.com/northwester...0469/?sort=price+asc&qty=1&priceWithFees=true
True, but generally speaking, especially for a single, I find much better prices and seats, outside the stadiums.

Yes, there are scalpers outside the stadium. I'm sure you'll see them between the Central L station and the stadium.

If you're looking for food and drink before the game, I would suggest getting off the L at Davis (Downtown Evanston). There are a good number of restaurants/bars around there and the campus is nearby if you're looking to check it out. It's 1.5-2 miles to the stadium from downtown Evanston. You can also jump back on the L or take a shuttle bus. The stadium is a bit off campus in a mostly residential area. There are a few restaurants/bars in the vicinity, but they're usually swamped on gameday.

Have fun!

Yes, there are scalpers outside the stadium. I'm sure you'll see them between the Central L station and the stadium.

If you're looking for food and drink before the game, I would suggest getting off the L at Davis (Downtown Evanston). There are a good number of restaurants/bars around there and the campus is nearby if you're looking to check it out. It's 1.5-2 miles to the stadium from downtown Evanston. You can also jump back on the L or take a shuttle bus. The stadium is a bit off campus in a mostly residential area. There are a few restaurants/bars in the vicinity, but they're usually swamped on gameday.

Have fun!
Awsome thanks for the info!

Looking to make an impromptu trip to see the game this Saturday. I'm in SW Michigan taking the train to millinnium station then catching the L to Northwestern. I'll be coming by myself and wondering about scoring a ticket outside the stadium. Do they allow that and what are the chances of getting one? Also any suggestions for checking out the campus, tailgating, or local pubs would be appreciated
When you get off the train at Central turn left into the golf course. Look for the largest purple canopy and I can quench your thirst.

Unfortunately, the scalpers are all out of Notre Dame fan tickets.

Have fun!
I was going to suggest my usual idea for visiting fans with large contingencies: take the El to Midway and wait for the shuttle. If it's late, that's ok, we will hold the start of the game for the last shuttle

PS: the shuttle is marked "Calumet City "

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT